I love the smell of roasted eggplants and peppers – they’re fragrant, sweet and simply melt in your mouth and melt your heart. I could just lay in that smell and I wouldn’t care whether or not people thought I stink like an old woman. If that’s what old women smell like – I wanna be around them all the time. They have good taste, because that’s delicious.
Combine these roasted summer superstars with fiber-filled whole grain spaghetti and heart-healthy creamy vegan garlic rich pesto and get ready to take your tastebuds on a wonderful exquisite adventure.
Since I first made this recipe a month ago – I have been making it 3x per week! And why? It’s easy, healthy, done in less than 30 Minutes and let’s not forget the main reason we all love spaghetti – it’s freakin’ delicious.
The difference between this dish and other cheesetastic pastas is that this is the very tasty, vegan, healthier version, that doesn’t taste vegan or healthy.
HEALTH AND BEAUTY BENEFITS
This pasta is loaded with fiber, protein, omega-3 acids, lycopene, antioxidants and anti-inflammatory molecules.
Thanks to garlic and broccoli it also supports your liver at getting rid of toxins.
This means that not only your taste buds and your soul, but also your skin will love these creamy vegan spaghetti with roasted vegetables.
Creamy vegan pasta with roasted vegetables to warm your heart, spoil your taste buds and clear your skin
- 180 g/ 6oz whole grain spaghetti
- 1 tomato medium - chopped
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or other nut milk)
- 1/2 eggplant
- 2 small green peppers
- some garlic for the roasting
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil for roasting
- 35g (1/4 cup) almonds
- 25g (1/4 cup) walnuts - shelled, halves
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- pinch of salt
- Roast the vegetables prior to cooking - wash and cut lenghtwise peppers and eggplant. Then roast - I roasted them in a pan at high heat with a tbsp of olive oil and 1 garlic clove for about 3-4 minutes constantly stirring until they're fragrant, but not burned. The broccoli doesnt need long - you can just toss it in the pan the last minute, it would be enough.You could also roast these vegetables in the oven or on the grill - to me the pan is the best solution since it's quicker. Transfer them from the pan on a plate.
- Prepare the pesto - blend walnuts and almonds in your food processor. Add olive oil, basil, garlic, and salt and blend until very smooth.
- Now you can start with the spaghetti. Boil spaghetti according to label instructions. When they're ready - drain them.
- In the mean time chop tomatoes and heat them in a large pan with the almond milk at medium-high heat for about 2 minutes. Add the pesto and stir in well for another 2 minutes. The sauce should be thick now. Add spaghetti and stir in with the sauce. Done. Turn off heat and add the roasted vegetables.
- Serve with rocket salad if you want.