Look at that beauty!
Don’t you just want to take this lentil wrap out to dinner in a nice restaurant, buy it a bottle of Dom Perignon and then spend an eternity together?
Or you know, you can just take it to the restaurant and eat it there in front of everybody. Making them jealous and getting them to ask you where it is on the menu.
The waiter asking you reluctantly to leave but also if he could have a bite of this amazingly flavorful lentil wrap?
You of course won’t notice any of that because you’ll be in your own delicious world silently devouring this beautiful creature.
This lentil wrap just like the last one is damn delicious.
But like, a little over the top. It’s not just vegetarian but also loaded with vegetables, fiber, protein and thanks to the yogurt sauce also with probiotics.
If I could, and if I had some extra cash (like as much as to buy a small car) I would put a ring on it. But they don’t make rings that size.
Seriosly, why are the best things in life eaten so quickly?
Luckily for you and me, with this recipe you can make many of these beautiful creatures. Isn’t that amazing? I think I made 6 of them, depending on how much you put on the inside, and I stuff A LOT! It’s never ENOUGH! Gimme some more lentils!
And then you can eat them too – whatever that means (duh, why would you make something and not eat it?). But you’ll definitely need 1.taste buds, 2. napkins or 3. even better: A BIB.
HEALTH AND BEAUTY BENEFITS
Eating this wrap is a delicious way to boost your immune system, add a ton of antioxidants to your diet, reduce inflammation and keep your skin healthy and smooth from the inside out.
- You can use red or green lentils here, just be warned that red lentils get a little mushy. But they’re still super delicious and you won’t notice that in a wrap anyway. They also cook much faster.
- Make sure to add some salt to the lentils before you start cooking (not too much though) and to try after they’re ready, if they need some more salt.
- This recipe is vegetarian, but you can easily make it vegan by not adding yogurt sauce to the wrap. You can instead use this spicy paleo vegan cream cheese or my vegan and paleo tzatziki.
- Don’t forget to check out my other recipe for lentil wraps, this time with roasted veggies. Also check out this spicy lentil salad and these mini pitas.
- 1 cup green or red lentils (red might get a little mushy) - soaked overnight
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp hot paprika
- 5 basil leaves, chopped
- 3 tbsp parsley, chopped
- a few pinches of salt
- some olive oil (1-2 Tbsp)
- 1 cucumber
- ½ cup arugula (chopped)
- ½ avocado
- 1 small pepper (green or red)
- 5 olives
- small bundle dill (optional)
- small bundle cilantro (optional)
- small bundle parsley
- 1 fresh onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- ½ cup yoghurt
- small bundle of dill
- 1 garlic clove
- 6 tortillas / if you can find whole-grain/gluten-free use those!
- For vegan version use: avocado dill sauce, my vegan paleo tzatziki or my spicy vegan cream cheese
- Chop all vegetables for the lentil filling – onion, basil leaves, parsley. Peel garlic and smash it.
- In large pan with a lid cook lentils with a few pinches of salt at medium high heat, just covered with water for 5-10 minutes (lid covered). Depending on the type of lentils cooking might take longer. Red lentils cook faster, but if you overcook them get very mushy (though still super tasty). Add water if needed. When they’re done, remove water (if any) by rinsing the lentils. I usually just wait until water is almost evaporated. Then still at medium-high, add olive oil, smashed garlic, chopped onion and hot pepper powder. Stir for for 2-3 minutes, turn off heat, add basil and parsley and stir well, leave on the stove covered with a lid.
- In the mean time make the salad. Chop all vegetables small – place in a big bowl, add olive oil and salt to taste – ready.
- For the yoghurt sauce – combine yoghurt, smashed garlic and chopped dill and salt to taste.
- Then assemble your tortilla – any way you want. I put around 2 tbsp of lentil filling, 2-3 tbsp salad and 2 tbsp of yoghurt with 1 tbsp of avocado dill dip.
Also try these recipes:
Mini pitas with spicy turmeric lentils. Delicious and super healthy, (anti-inflammatory, vegan, antioxidant). Find the recipe here.
Vegan cream cheese – spicy and very addictive. Funny enough it’s also detoxifying, gluten-free and paleo. Recipe is here.
The original lentil wraps – vegan, spicy and soooooo delicious. No words. Except that everyone has to make them.
Very simple, but very addictive avocado dill dip – great in any wrap, bowl, dish – anything you can imagine. Also good as a skin mask (I’ve found out).
Quinoa Lettuce wraps with avocado basil sauce, bean dip and salad. This is so delicious, sounds like diet food, but it’s just perfect. Gluten-free and vegan.
More lentils – on a piece of bread. Vegan and delicious.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links.