Hello, hello! It’s day five of my mission and even though it’s already dark outside (4pm!!!) I feel good tararararara I knew that I wouldn’t….I knew that I wouldn’t what? Eat this for breakfast yesterday?Yes, I knew that I wouldn’t eat that, but then again life happens while you’re making other plans. So I prepared it and it was my breakfast yesterday. It’s a vegan version of kaiserschmarrn, which is a very delicious austrian breakfast or dessert, similar to pancakes.
I remember it from my students years, they had it in the canteen and there were 2 pro’s:
+ tasted awesome
+ at 1,50 per portion it was affordable for a poor student – and I could garnish it with cream and chocolate. Oh heaaaveen. Oh poor students heaven.
Just one con:
– You’ll get a really really fat belly if you have it every day. And it’s quite addictive.
So the one I had for breakfast yesterday was nothing like it. Well first of all – usually it’s made with 4 eggs and like 1 carton of milk and is fried in butter. Some of you might think that’s disgusting, but you know you’re lying. Those things might not be the healthiest but deep down inside I think we all know they’re amazingly delicious when used right. And in this case – they would be used very very right.
In my case, I used banana, spelt flour, dark chocolate, flax seeds, hazelnuts, vanilla, coconut cream and I don’t remember what else. It was not that good. And it was definitely, definitely NOT a kaiserschmarrn. It was just something that resembled breakfast. So I ate it and I was pretty full almost the whole day. I’ll still keep trying to make the perfect vegan pancake/kaiserschmarrn. If not vegan, at least a healthier version.
Oh but before I had this breakfast I had my smoothie again so rule number 2 – check.This time I had put a little bit of coconut milk inside since I had a can open from the last day. Must say I prefer it without coconut milk.
And after the smoothie and the “breakfast” it was time for my lunch. At 4 pm. So yeah the rule with the small portions more often was gone out of the window. That breakfast really got me unprepared. You think you can eat a huge portion of fake kaiserschmarrn like that and it turns out you can’t without having to lunch at 4pm. It’s almost like showbusiness. Or any other business.
My lunch was the same as the day before – the amazing coconut lentils curry. I had some leftovers and I was pretty happy about that.
No surprises here.Before going to the gym at 8pm I still had time for a smoothie and I used that time very wisely. I in fact had a second smoothie. And then I went to the gym. It was a Zumba class and since I’m still today a little sore from the training on Tuesday it was good that it was mostly aerobics and not so much strength. I like Zumba, although I have horrible coordination and sometimes have to look at the moves 5 minutes long before being able to understand how I have to move my legs, or arms. But like everything it’s all training and I’ve gotten better. Now I react a lot quicker and get new moves faster. Well it’s been only like what, 3 months. But who’s counting.
It was a good training, a lot of sweat and no tears. My legs hurt like hell. Today I even used the massaging pillow with some heat to relieve my pain. And 7.30 pm is my next Zumba class! I’m ready to stay in the corner nodding, waiting and watching who’ll make a mistake. That’s what the class about after all, right?
So let’s check the list.
1. No more coffee – none.
2. Smoothie – yes.
3. Small portions – Naah. 4 portions, with a huge breakfast.
4. No more seconds – Of course not, after that breakfast.
5. Drink a lot of water – Yes. And in this cold depressing weather also a lot of tea.
6. Eat until 8pm – yes.
7. Mix it up – 2-3 fish, 2 vegan, rest vegetarian – Yes. It was my second day vegan eating.
8. Exercise – Yes, hello sore muscles.
9. Wake up early – unfortunately not. I still go to bed too late and can not wake up at 7.30 am.
10. Don’t postpone things – Well, so so. I feel like I’m also postponing stuff. But the good news is, I get more things done than before this mission.
11. Smartphone addiction – decreasing, but still got it.
12. Write here every day. I’m doing it right now. And I wrote 2 posts here yesterday and every day since the mission started. So check ;).