I hope you appreciate this no bake healthy butternut squash pie, because I had a really hard time not eating the entire thing while making pictures. Tough life.
So you might remember, last year I made this butternut squash pie with a crumbly crust. I was in love with that pie, so creamy, so delicious, but such a pain in the ass to bake.
This year, I’ve gotten older and lazier…ahem more productive.. and I decided to eat even healthier.
So now, I’m not even baking the crusts. I just blend some nuts together, add some cinnamon, spread the whole thing in a spring form and call it a crust. (see what I did with my healthier low-carb cheesecake)
Then for the filling I just blend whatever I want and spread it over the crust. Finally I let the whole thing “bake” in the fridge for 5-6 hours. Mostly overnight.
And this is exactly what I did with this vegan and gluten-free (and I think paleo) butternut squash pie.
It turned out amazing. So amazing, that on the days I had it in my fridge I stopped myself several times from buying Oreo ice cream.
Don’t judge me, I eat clean for the rest of the day, but lately I’ve been eating a lot of Oreo ice cream. Even the fact that I feel sick after I eat one doesn’t stop me. Seriously, Oreo what kind of drugs besides sugar do you have in there?
Anyway. Not this guy. This guy is super healthy and did I mention creamy? I feel like I haven’t said creamy enough. I thank that holy coconut cream and coconut oil for that creaminess and I thank cinnamon for the super flavor.
Health and beauty benefits of this healthy butternut squash pie.
This “pie” actually has health benefits. Yeah. A dessert with health benefits (not like you, oreo ice cream, I hope you’re crying somewhere…).
This healthy pie is rich in omega-3’s, fiber, carotenoids, vitamin E and contains a ton more antioxidants that can make you feel good and even give you healthy complexion…You know what happens when you eat too much carotenoids? That’s right you get a nice orange glow…Welcome to the Jersey Shore…
In short: if you’re eating clean and don’t want to eat oreo ice cream – go for this butternut squash pie.
Yes, tomorrow I’m making it again.
Here’s the printable recipe, so you can make it too.
For this recipe I used:
No bake, healthy butternut squash pie, this is an easy and tasty vegan and gluten-free recipe to help you eat clean and enjoy life!
- 2 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 10 dates, soaked in water for 20 min
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 2 brazil nuts
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes
- Making the crust: In your food processor or coffee / nut grinder grind 1 tbsp cinnamon, walnuts, almonds, Brazil nuts and coconut flakes until they can stick together. Place in a spring form and using your hands spread the crust by pressing the mixture to cover the surface evenly (make sure it's not too thin).
- Cook butternut squash in water until soft. Remove water.
- Add soaked dates (without the soaking water), coconut oil, coconut cream,1 tbsp cinnamon, ginger, & nutmeg (I did this directly in the pot where I cooked the butternut squash). Using a hand-blender blend all these ingredients until you get a very smooth texture. If not cool yet, wait for the mixture to cool off.
- Then spread the filling over the crust in the spring form, cover and put in the fridge for 5-6 hours. I did it overnight - the filling needs time to develop that creaminess. In the morning - you're ready!
I hope you enjoy this recipe, if you do let me know and subscribe via email to get more free healthy recipes from me!
Some of the links in this post might be affiliate links. This means that if you click on the product link and purchase the item, I’ll receive a small commission that helps me cover the costs for this blog.