Time to put that yogurt garlic sauce to use with this easy fish and vegetables dinner recipe. You may as well put this salmon and vegetables dish into something like a burger or wrap. Either way it’s delicious, quick and healthy.
I usually make fish around 1-2 times per week and this is what I made last week.
That’s salmon with veggies, pretty simple right? All in one skillet, all at the same time, all very very awesome. It’s flavorful, easy, healthy and light but satisfying. Simply put: the perfect dinner.
Now recently I talked about AGE’s (advanced glycation endproducts) in grilled fish and how they make you old, remember? Well I don’t remember either, but here it is – proof: 4 foods to avoid during summer if you don’t want wrinkles
Look at number 3. See?
So to keep those AGE levels down with this recipe I didn’t cook the fish too long and I added lots of vegetables and herbs like rosemary to prevent their formation of advanced glycation endproducts during cooking. Also when you keep the pan with closed lid for most of the time, you keep the moisture in. This means you not only eat something very delicious, but you can also be very sure that it’s in fact healthy.
HEALTH AND BEAUTY BENEFITS
This dinner recipe is rich in omega 3’s, protein, fiber, antioxidants and is in fact anti-inflammatory, because of the high content of omega-3’s from fish and phytochemicals from the vegetables. It’s also gluten-free and if you make this sauce instead of this – also paleo.
Healthy dinner that is tasty and takes about 10 minutes
- 2 salmon filets (around 300g/12 ounces)
- a pinch of salt
- 5 spring onions (cut in ½ and into strips)
- 1 carrot (cut into strips)
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- fresh rosemary – 1 stripe, just the leaves
- 1 cup broccoli florets (cut into strips)
- 1/3 cup basil leaves
- some parsley
- 1-2 tbsp salmon
- Optional: some sesame seeds to garnish
- Cut salmon into 6 pieces, but you can also leave the filets whole. In a large skillet at medium-high heat add salmon and other ingredients, stir and close the lid for about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir again from time to time for 2-3 more minutes, this time with lid open. Top with some sesame seeds.
- Serve with yogurt- or avocado-garlic sauce.