Tomorrow is Fridaaaay! Besides being the greatest day of the week in general, it’s a good day to start a new diet challenge. I was actually going to do this challenge a long time ago, but somehow I always have some leftover that has to go before I start the whole “clean” eating thing.
So the last piece of leftover that was ruining my life up to now is now gone. It was a carton of 1.5%-fat milk and it was in the fridge for about 3 weeks (<-guess who’s feeling like a champion about not getting any diarrhea from that).
Today as the good magician I am, I made that whole milk disappear. If there’s one thing I learned from Barney of HIMYM it’s that a good magician never reveals his trick. But he never said anything about female magicians.
So I guess I can reveal it. I made it disappear in these pancakes, or crepes…whatever they’re called. Yesterday I made another batch of them, where I had used 1/3 of the milk. And today was the knockout.
Those were GREAT for breakfast. Can you believe I ate all of them?
Hey, don’t judge me! I won’t eat anything more today (<-lying like a gypsy).
There are not a lot of healthy things in these pancakes. But they’re covered in butter. And filled with chocolade. And they melt my heart.
Here’s what you do: You take some eggs, flour and water or if you have a carton of milk – take that and you beat those together until smooth. Then you take a non-stick pan, pour in a ladle of the mixture and spread it well – bake bake, flip flip – you’re done. NEEEEXT. And you repeat this until all the mixture is gone. I made eight.
Why so little chocolate and why does it look like rabbit poop?
Usually I love to eat crepes outside when the weather is good, I’m relaxed and nothing’s on my mind. I mean there’s nothing on my mind right now as well – nada, nothing in the big pumpkin, called head.
Where was I? Right, crepes remind me of good times. But the crepes I usually buy are always too full of chocolate that is too sweet. You can’t even taste the crepe from all that sweetness. That’s why when I make them I put just a little bit of chocolate – you can actually taste the cacao and the crepe and your teeth don’t have to fall out after the first bite. With this amount of dark cholate the pancakes are perfect. You can also grate the chocolate in case the pancakes are not hot anymore, it will melt faster. And you can also add some almond or peanut butter or some nuts and berries.
Now I know this might look like a rabbit pooped all over the crepe, but it tastes a lot better. I’m guessing. I’ve actually never eaten rabbit crap (<-correct me if I’m wrong and my appologies to all rabbits if their poop actually tastes better than chocolate – I didn’t know it). But rabbits know it. Because they eat their own poop. This way they make sure they absorb all the nutrients they need. Efficient fluffy bastards.
And that’s a fact you probably never expected to learn when you searched for a pancake recipe.
- 1 egg
- 2 cups of milk
- all purpose flour (about 2 cups)
- pinch of salt
- butter to spread on the ready pancake
- chocolate (1/2 block)
- Mix egg and milk in a bowl. Add little by little the flour, while continuously whisking the mixture. In the end you have to get a thick but still pretty fluid mixture for the pancakes. It should look something like this
- Put a non-stick pan on a heating plate and preheat at medium-high.
- Spread the pancakes one ladle at a time in the pan. Prepare at medium high heat.
- When you see the mixture get "unfluid" - flip.
- The other side doesn't take that long - when it turns light "gold-brown", take it out and put on a plate. Then repeat with the next laden of mixture. A few times (around 8).
- While still hot spread butter over the top side and put some dark chopped chocolate - it will melt and turn super delicious.
- You're ready!