Last updated on March 28th, 2018 at 09:55 am
It’s Saturday and we’re going crazyyyy!!!
Okay actually I’m sick, so my plans for today are sitting in my PJs, drinking tea, watching movies and reminiscing about life before Influenza.
And so was this super easy, 15 minute chickpea stew that uses basic ingredients you probably have at home right now.
It’s vegan, gluten-free, grain-free and magical.
Here’s what you do. You go open a jar of chickpeas (I still can’t get over the thought of boiling chickpeas for 1 hour – drives me crazy), drain and rinse those chickpeas really well, chop some tomatoes, onions and cook all that for a few minutes. Then out of nowhere you come up with the idea to add even more vegetables.
Use whatever you’ve got at home: peppers, zucchini or eggplant, add a lot of garlic & basil and some sesame and nigella seeds. In the end put some olive oil to absorb some healthy anti-cancer carotenoids from the tomatoes and peppers.
Then you dive into this beauty and get one step closer to endless awesomeness. I don’t even know what this means my head is super foggy.
HEALTH AND BEAUTY BENEFITS
If I didn’t have some leftover potato soup from yesterday I’d probably be making this right now, as the garlic in this chickpea stew can boost my immune system and get rid of that mean Influenza thing in a second. Other than that you’d be enjoying a dish that is:
- low in calories
- super antioxidant-rich.
- 1 jar/can – about 2 cups of chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, striped
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp nigella seeds
- 10 basil leaves, chopped
- In a large pan with a lid add tomatoes and onion and let simmer at medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and stir, let simmer covered with the lid for 5 min.
- Add garlic, zucchini, and bell peppers. Stir together, cover for 2 min.
- Turn off heat, add basil, olive oil. Sprinkle sesame seeds, chili powder and nigella seeds on top.
- Dinner is ready. Serve hot.
Have a good weekend and make sure to prepare this on Monday evening – that’s starting the week in a positive way!