Last updated on January 23rd, 2019 at 07:22 pm
You can accomplish huge things today, and making this 5-minute anti-inflammatory smoothie can be one of them. It’s easy, refreshing and healthy!
I made this last week, when I, again, realized I haven’t eaten any vegetable/fruit for two days. Two days.
Not even tomato sauce.
Not even ketchup or wine.
Yes, that’s the situation and this is the smoothie that washed away ALL the guilt. It pulled me out of the McDonald’s eating hole I fall into once a year.
What is an Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie?
There are a few things you need in an anti-inflammatory smoothie:
- omega-3 fatty acids
- low (or lower) glycemic load
The recipe also needs to be low in saturated fats and be as unprocessed as possible.
Check, check, and check anti-inflammatory smoothie!
Btw. if you want to read more about reducing chronic inflammation with diet, here’s a guide to anti-inflammatory diet.
FIY: according to this calculator, one serving of this smoothie has a glycemic load of 7. Which is considered low.
What Do You Put In An Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie?
- Flaxseed – for omega-3’s, have the best omega-3/omega-6 ratio, important to reduce inflammation
- Berries – rich in antioxidants like anthocyanin and vitamin C
- Lemon – alkalizing and good source of vitamin C and limonoids (antioxidants)
- Banana – for potassium and prebiotics
- Cinnamon – anti-inflammatory and has anti-diabetic properties
- Ginger – a powerful anti-inflammatory food that has many other health benefits – use this one in small amounts
Now, let’s blend it all together!
Well, and that is it! I hope you enjoy this smoothie and it makes you feel great today!
You might also like:
- Anti-inflammatory diet: How to eat to reduce inflammation
- How to make an anti-inflammatory smoothie
- 5 anti-inflammatory foods you should eat daily
- Easy green smoothie for glowing skin
- 3 steps to reduce inflammation with diet