Last updated on March 19th, 2020 at 05:11 pm
If you’re looking for a list of non-perishable foods that are healthy plus some healthy recipes with those ingredients that aren’t creamy pasta with toilet paper – then you need to read further.
I personally am not a fan of non-perishable foods and making meals only with them. I like to keep things fresh and to always have a salad on the side. However, I realize the upcoming few weeks or even months might not support that lifestyle.
I’m not gonna lie to you, this entire situation in the world is taking over my life and is freaking me out. All I know is I wake up in the morning and I look at the news. Which is something I never do.
I know everyone wants to stay calm and wash their hands and not freak out when they’re in the grocery store and someone’s breathing close to them…Not coughing, breathing, – I’m not one of those people. First of all, we know I don’t wash my hands, ever. Second, I freak out…easily. I call my mom and dad 100 times a day telling them to not go anywhere and I’m seriously considering wearing a mask everywhere from now on. Also gloves.
76 Non-Perishable Foods
I’ve also stocked up on some non-perishable foods just in case – mainly canned chickpeas, tomato paste, oats, nuts and almond butter. But I made a bigger list, so if you need a list, here it is. If you don’t need the list – just ignore it.
What Else To Buy?
Other non-perishable foods you could and probably should also buy are:
- sweet potatoes
- bananas (would also freeze them!)
- cabbage (keeps fresh surprisingly long in the fridge!)
- butternut squash/pumpkin
- frozen broccoli
- frozen peas
- frozen carrots
- frozen berries
- other frozen fruit
- frozen spinach or kale
- frozen fish or poultry
- maybe even store-bought juice…(not a big supporter of that, but it’s an extreme situation and we need that vitamin C in case this lasts too long!)
- wine too!
When you run out of fresh fruit, fish and vegetables – you can always reach for the foods in that freezer! If you have more suggestions, please comment below!
Recipes You Can Make
- Spicy Mediterranean Bowl. Use some canned vegetables, dried garlic and herbs instead of the fresh version.
- Mediterranean Salmon Bowl. Leave out the salad and use the frozen broccoli.
- Tomato Basil Quinoa Use 2 Tbsp tomato paste, water, 1 tbsp pesto and dried basil instead of the fresh ingredients.
- Bulgur and red lentil skillet. Use tomato paste and dried mint instead of the fresh ingredients.
- Easy Lentil Soup. No carrot and no tomato.
- Easy Bean Soup. No carrot and no tomato.
- Lentil Curry Soup. No spinach and no lime leaves (or get frozen!)
- Almond Butter No-Bake Cookies
- Easy Chia Pudding. Use frozen, dried or canned fruit to top.
- 10-Minute Granola. Pair this with some frozen or dried fruit and nut-milk
- Vegan Overnight Oats. Use frozen or canned fruit to top.
I hope you’re doing well, take your vitamins, do some at-home workouts wash your hands, get plenty of sleep and stay safe!