Last updated on October 5th, 2021 at 10:22 am
These almond flour banana cookies are a super tasty treat! This is a remarkably easy and healthy cookie recipe that is made with a few basic ingredients, is vegan, paleo and a great healthy snack or breakfast too. You just have to make these delicious vegan cookies!
Almond Flour Banana Cookies Ingredients
We keep it simple here! There are only 5 ingredients in these cookies:
Bananas. Pick ripe bananas, the riper the sweeter your cookies will be.
Almond Flour. I used blanched almond flour and it was perfect for these cookies.
Vanilla. Don’t miss this one, I loved the vanilla flavor for these tasty cookies.
Coconut oil. Yes, we do need a little bit of that.
Baking soda. Yes, we do need a little bit of this as well. But baking powder will work too!
How To Make Almond Flour Banana Cookies
Step 1. Pick a really ripe banana. We’re talking, if it smells like vodka, it’s probably good for the recipe. Even if it’s not, pick the ripest you can. Peel it, mash it with a fork in a bowl.
Step 2. Mix in the coconut oil, then add the vanilla, almond flour and baking soda. Put the mixture in the fridge and let it sit there and think about its behavior for a moment. Or 15 minutes.
Step 3. Take some of the batter using a tbsp and place it onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Put some water on your hand to form the cookies (otherwise they will stick). Do your best to make the cookies look better. They’re going to thank you. Holy crap, talking cookies. Mine gave me a speech after I made them look like the Frankencookies they turned into. I took a picture and ate them anyway. Cannot tolerate this behaviour.
Step 4. Bake at 350F or 180C until golden brown. Honestly, this took longer than other cookies I’ve made, probably because I usually use oats and not almond flour. It was around 20 minutes, but make sure to check on them after 15 minutes, see how they’re doing. As you can tell, these cookies have me wrapped around their finger. I’m basically a puppet and they’re the master.
So, yes, bake, let cool off for about 10 minutes and then eat! I recommend storing these in the fridge in an airtight container, otherwise, your fridge might start to smell like bananas and not everyone loves that.
How Do These Banana Cookies Taste
They’re soft and fluffy, have this natural sweet taste with a hint of banana, vanilla and almond. They won’t get too crispy, but I really liked that for this type of cookies. They’re great with some tea or coffee.
Almond Flour Banana Cookies Add-Ins
Now, I know I say it every time about my own recipes and I seem like an ahole, but the cookies are pretty much perfect the way they are. I wouldn’t change a thing, except for…I always change recipes when I make them more than twice. Something in my mind just doesn’t let me…So here are some modifications you can try with these healthy cookies:
- You can definitely add in chocolate chips if you like chocolate in combination with bananas.
- Also, melt some chocolate, mix with peanut or almond butter and sprinkle over the cookies or dip them in when they’re cold and refrigerate
- I’d also like to try making these with some chopped nuts inside
- another great addition would be coconut flakes
- you could probably also try adding some dried fruit…
And that’s pretty much all I can think of.
You’ll Love These Cookies
- taste really good
- come together easily and quickly
- are free from added sugar, dairy, gluten and eggs
I really do hope you love these cookies when you make them!
More Almond Flour Dessert Recipes:
- 1 ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 ripe banana, large
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Mash the banana, add in coconut oil. Then mix in the almond flour, vanilla and baking soda. Let the mixture chill in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, spoon mixture onto the baking sheet and form cookies with wet hands (otherwise, the mixture will stick to your hands).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Make sure to keep an eye on the cookies after 15 minutes of baking as your oven might be different.
- Let the cookies cool off and enjoy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 107Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 63mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g