Last updated on June 16th, 2021 at 10:29 am
Almond flour strawberry vanilla pancakes for one: if you like pancakes and strawberries for breakfast, you’ll love this healthier version made with almond flour!
All by myseeelf, don’t wanna beee…Okay, that’s not right, because this almond flour pancake recipe is for one person only and that one person is moi. As you can tell I’m very selfish and very French, because I know the word moi and made pancakes for one.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, funny, intelligent, beautiful and as I mentioned enough times for one person only, so double or triple ingredients according to how many people you’re eating for. Or you know, share with family, friends, ducks in the park if you feel the pancakes don’t taste good. Tell them: You’re not good enough for me and just throw them to the ducks already.
Well, I really love them! They’re ready in 10 minutes and just the perfect way to start your day on the weekend, or if you’re “working” from home – any day of the week. I remember years ago it was my dream to be working from home. It meant, I would just move the mouse of my computer and pretend I’m “there” working on my project. Nobody would know I’m just sitting there watching How I met your mother. Such an undercover genius. Dream big.
Today, me and many others have “made it”. That means, more undone laundry, unwashed hair, sweatpants and pancakes than the world knew we needed. But we do need this healthy pancake recipe!
Ingredients For The Strawberry Vanilla Pancakes
Not gonna lie to you, you’re going to need some ingredients my grandma would’ve never heard of. But they’re all actually natural and delicious, here’s the grocery list:
- Almond and coconut flour – blanched almond flour that is
- Non-dairy milk – I used cashew milk
- Baking soda or powder to raise these pancakes to the sky
- Strawberries (okay, it’s just one strawberry)
- Egg – because glue doesn’t work here
- Vanilla – because perfume won’t work either
- Honey or maple syrup to bring your blood sugar on a fun roller coaster ride
- Slivered almonds – you’re going to put these on the pancakes and they’re going to get crunchy and delicious!
How To Make Almond Flour Strawberry Vanilla Pancakes
This recipe is super easy to make when you have the right ingredients and you’ll be surprised at how delicious they turn out! Here’s what you need to do:
- Whisk all ingredients in a bowl, except for the strawberries, honey/maple syrup, slivered almonds and coconut oil.
- Gently stir the chopped strawberries into the batter.
- Heat a non-stick pan and cover the surface with some coconut oil. The pan shouldn’t be too hot, because these pancakes burn faster than regular ones, so be aware of that.
- Use a cooking spoon to form smaller sized pancakes on the hot skillet. Right after, sprinkle some slivered almonds on the uncooked side of the pancakes. Then flip on the other side and cook for a minute or until golden brown.
- Transfer onto a plate and serve with maple syrup, honey and strawberries. Or other fruit if you don’t just have strawberries, but everything in life.
- Next, eat and thank yourself you made these for yourself!
- ¼ cup and 1 tbsp almond flour
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup + more for topping
- 1 strawberry, chopped + more for topping
- 1 tbsp slivered almonds
- coconut oil for frying
- Mix egg, almond flour, df milk, baking powder, coconut flour, maple syrup and vanilla in a bowl. Stir in gently the chopped strawberry, do not overmix.
- Make small pancakes in a nonstick pan, using medium heat. While the pancakes are cooking, sprinkle some slivered almonds on the uncooked side.
- Once bubbles come up, flip the pancake and cook on the other side for about a minute or until golden brown.
- Repeat for all the pancakes and top with your favorite toppings!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 302Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 191mgSodium: 425mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 3gSugar: 21gProtein: 13g
I hope you enjoyed these healthy almond flour pancakes, do let me know if you have any questions!