Last updated on May 11th, 2022 at 11:11 am
This avocado black bean salad is so good and it’s the easiest black bean recipe ever! It makes a great vegan lunch or quick side dish that you can prepare with black beans, herbs, avocado and tomatoes.
Every bite you take, you’ll be thanking yourself for making this simple black bean salad with avocado and without corn, it’s so flavorful!
You’ll Love This Avocado Black Bean Salad
I did the side dish thing here, not gonna lie. Next time I’m definitely having this salad on its own, might even wrap it in lettuce or a gluten-free wrap. Easy to make, flavorful, super healthy, dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free and nut-free, I really do think you’ll love it and you need to make it like today.
Avocado Black Bean Salad Ingredients
- cooked or canned black beans that have been rinsed and drained (just the way I’m feeling me this morning…the drained part)
- a ripe avocado
- cherry tomatoes or ripe summer tomatoes
- roasted red pepper – if you don’t have one, you simply cut a red pepper in quarters and saute for a bit on the stove in a nonstick pan with a bit of olive oil
- flavors – onion, garlic, basil, parsley and lemon are all making an appearance in this salad
- olives and olive oil
How To Make This Avocado Black Bean Salad
It’s pretty simple when you’ve got all ingredients prepared: place it all into a bowl and toss.
You’ll need washed and chopped vegetables, rinsed and drained beans and roasted red peppers. That is all!
The entire thing took me about 10 minutes including the roasting of the peppers, so don’t let them intimidate you!
This would actually make a great make ahead salad! You can make it just as you would with any salad jars: olive oil and lemon juice on the bottom, then layer beans, roasted peppers, olives, whole cherry tomatoes, onions, and the greens on top. Leave the avocado for when it’s time to eat.
I hope you enjoy this simple black bean salad!
More Black Bean Recipes:
- Black Bean Quinoa Avocado Bowls
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Bowls
- Avocado Black Bean Quesadilla
- The Best Black Bean Brownies
- 1 1/2 cup black beans, canned, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes or 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 roasted red peppers, chopped*
- 2 tbsp green olives, chopped
- 3 tbsp basil, thinly chopped
- 3 tbsp parsley, thinly chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and prepare all ingredients for the salad.
- Add everything to a bowl.
- Toss well!
*If you don't have roasted red peppers you can simply cut a red pepper and roast the pieces in a nonstick pan with some olive oil on the stove.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 471Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1082mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 23gSugar: 11gProtein: 16g