Last updated on March 4th, 2021 at 07:29 am
This healthy avocado egg sandwich recipe is a quick, easy and healthy breakfast idea that saved my life last week!
What do you do when you’re so busy that you forget to eat? Besides starting to hate everyone around you?
Well, I don’t know. This has never happened to me. I never forget to eat. If there’s something I believe in in this world – it’s eating. But somehow I forgot to eat lunch one time last week. Yeah, I was disappointed in myself too. It’s literally the 6th time in my life I’ve missed a meal and definitely the first time that it is my fault.
But to answer the question what do you do when you realize at 6 pm you forgot to eat lunch – you make sandwiches. I made these avocado egg sandwiches.
How To Make An Avocado Egg Sandwiches
These avocado sandwiches are easy, satisfying and can make you happy even if you’ve missed lunch. Or dinner. Or breakfast. They’re perfect for any time of the day. Here’s how to make them:
- Make a chunky avocado spread: Use a bowl to mash avocado, the scallions, the olives, scallions, basil and lemon juice. Add some salt and pepper here if you feel you need to. I didn’t seem to need salt, because the olives made it salty enough, but I did add some black pepper.
- Toast two slices of your favorite bread. You can use any type of bread you want and love here – gluten free, low carb, whatever you desire. I used a whole grain bread with oats and chia.
- Spread the avocado mixture on both slices.
- Top one slice with an egg. You can either fry your egg like I did on both sides, boil it, or prepare it whichever way you like your eggs.
- Put the second slice of bread on top and you’re ready to eat!
I’m not gonna lie these aren’t the healthiest thing you can eat. I mean these are no green juice. But they’re quite healthy as well. So much better than pizza, which would’ve been my second choice. They’re high-fiber and high in vitamin C, thanks to that pepper I sneaked into the avocado spread. And they’re a great way to still get some vegetables into your body, without even eating a salad.
Hope these sandwiches serve you as well!
Healthy Avocado Egg Sandwich Recipe
Made with a delicious avocado spread and an egg, these healthy avocado egg sandwiches are the perfect breakfast idea! But then, again this easy sandwich recipe can be eaten any time of day.
For the avocado spread
- ½ avocado
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 olives pitted, chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3-4 leaves basil, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
For the sandwich:
- 1 egg
- 2 slices of your favorite bread
- some olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Fry the egg with some olive oil on both sides, or hard boil the egg.
- Use a bowl to mash the avocado with the lemon juice, chopped red pepper, chopped olives, chopped basil and chopped onion and combine together. Add a little bit of salt if you feel it needs it, I didn't add any, but I did add some black pepper.
- Toast 2 slices of your favorite bread. Spread avocado mixture on both slices. Top one slice with the egg and then finish it with the next slice. Enjoy immediately!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 463Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 27gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 319mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 9gSugar: 5gProtein: 12g
This recipe was originally published in the dinosaur year of 2016 when we were young and naive. I updated it in March 2021 with some new images and adjustments to the recipe I felt were needed!
Leave a Reply