Last updated on August 13th, 2017 at 02:23 pm
It’s that time of the month again.
The time to eat fish. And when that fish is prepared with some roasted veggies in only one pan, I can’t say no to that.
Have it as lunch, dinner – it takes around 15 min to prepare and seriously it’s super healthy and yummy yummy yummy. Lost for words.
This recipe though easy and quick is pretty overwhelming tastewise. The main part (salmon with veggies) is only 6 ingredients, but you can add some peppers, broccoli, carrots, whatever veggies you’d like to add. I had lots of asparagus, so I really went for it.
To add some more greens to this awesome recipe I laid the salmon and asparagus on a bed of spinach. Might not be as romantic as when Bon Jovi laid that girl on a bed of roses, but it’s similar. Because I am in love with this recipe.
HEALTH AND BEAUTY BENEFITS
Taste-, beauty- and healthwise it doesn’t get any better than this. This recipe is:
- rich in antioxidants
- good source of omega-3’s
This recipe is a perfect example that one meal can provide all the nutrients we need for beautiful skin – from zinc & biotin in salmon, to vitamin C, beta-carotene and iron in the veggies. Hope you like it!
- 250g/ 8oz salmon
- 8 asparagus spears
- 2 spring onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 5 black olives
- Optional: some rosemary/majoram
- mashed potatoes
- whole grains like bulgur, quinoa, millet
- Cube salmon.
- Chop woody end of asparagus off.
- Cut asparagus and spring onions in half, chop garlic small, chop olives coarsely.
- In a large non-stick skillet at medium heat place everything together and stir. I didn’t use any additional fat, as the salmon was pretty fat itself, but if you think you’d need, you can add some olive oil.
- Cover the lid and cook for 3 min. Then check, stir again and cover again for 2 more minutes. Salmon should be nice and pink, but not dry.
- Turn off heat, serve and enjoy!