Last updated on February 21st, 2018 at 09:18 am
Yes, we’re eating bird food this time. And not only that – bird food wrapped in a salad. Sounds mouthwatering mhhhh! But these hot millet lettuce wraps are spicy, tasty and also very light.
Right about now 80% percent of the audience left.
For the 20% that are still reading you should know that these millet wraps are perfect for lunch and dinner – once you have the millet filling made you can assemble them in just a few minutes – and the filling takes 15 minutes max to make.
BEAUTY AND HEALTH BENEFITS
The other thing you might be interested in is that these lettuce wraps are going to give you:
- glowing skin
- strong nails
- long shiny hair
How? One word. Millet.
Because millet is the bomb! A very tiny (almost invisible to the unequipped eye) yet very powerful beauty bomb – it’s rich in iron, potassium, vitamin B, fiber, protein, silica.
Normally you’d find silica as a supplement in the drug store – it’s amazing what it can do for your skin, hair and nails. And in millet you’ll find it in the best combination possible.
This recipe is:
- collagen-builing because of vitamin C
See what it would take and I hope you make it!
These detox lettuce wraps with millet are good for your skin and your health and kind to your taste buds!
- 120g or ½ cup millet
- 10 walnuts
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 10 olives
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ¼ cup water
- ½ lemon - squeezed
- yoghurt with garlic
- Cook millet according to label instructions.
- Meantime chop onion, walnuts and olives, peel garlic.
- When millet’s ready (about 10 minutes) – place onion, garlic, 1 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet stir well for 1 minute. Add millet, chilli powder, tomato paste, water and olives. Stir well, add walnuts and 1 more tbsp. of olive oil. Turn off heat. Squeeze the lemon all over the dish.
- Chop basil leaves, paprika, olives – Combine in a bowl, squeeze ½ a lemon over and add a pinch of salt. Combine yoghurt and garlic – add salt if you need to.
- Assemble your wraps – I had a small lettuce, so 2 tbsp millet were enough, then 1 tbp garlic yoghurt and 1 tbsp veggies.
gluten-free, detoxifying, alkaline, high-fiber, rich in omega-3, vitamin C and A, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, heart-healthy