Last updated on March 11th, 2018 at 06:24 pm
I’ve created a monster.
I don’t know if this is Joe, but it’s vegan and definitely sloppy.
I’ll just call it Alexander, sounds more sophisticated.
Look at that mess.
Delicious lentil mess.
Yes, I am making lentils again, try and stop me.
These vegan sloppy Alexanders are just mind-blowing.
They’re tasty, comforting, playful, messy and amazing for your health and skin.
Oh, and you’ll just need one skillet or cooking pot – so the mess will only be on your plate when you’re eating these. Not in the kitchen.
But then again. You don’t even need a plate, eat directly over the skillet. I won’t judge you.
How do you think I got that idea?
Now, I put these delicious lentils on bread and ate them with a small salad of basil, olives, tomatoes and avocado. Yum.mmuuuh.
But if, for some super weird reason, you don’t wanna be sloppy, or eating over the skillet, then my friend, here are some suggestions:
- put these lentils in a bowl, add some salad and some avocado and just be a happy gluten-free vegan person
- get a lettuce leaf and wrap that delicious lentil filling in there
- or one of my other favorites – get a tortilla and make lentil wraps (I am a huge fan of lentil wraps, check out this recipe and this one).
HEALTH AND BEAUTY BENEFITS
These delicious lentils are going to:
- clean your colon from toxins (and isn’t that what we all dream of?)
- protect your liver
- protect your skin from damages and wrinkles
- give you a nice healthy complexion
I hate to sound like a know-it-all douche, but… Actually, I don’t care, so I’m just gonna tell you that this recipe is loaded with lycopene, fiber, and flavonoids.
And I’ll also tell you that the ingredients in this recipe from heaven are:
So what I’m saying is: if you need something good in your life now – make these lentils and experience real happiness.
- 2 cups of lentils – soak 3h
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro (or other greens)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Place lentils in a large skillet. Cook in hot (about 2 cups) water, skillet covered with lid for about 10 minutes. After that try the lentils, if they’re not tender - cook further.
- After they're ready, stir in tomato paste. Add water if you need to. Cook for about 2-3 minutes add garlic and onion and cook for additional 5 minutes. Turn off heat and add cilantro/basil/parsley.
- Place on a piece of bread, if you want top with avocado, cucumbers, fresh tomatoes, some more greens or with avocado sauce.