Last updated on August 5th, 2018 at 10:09 am
Wrapping my meals in something has always been one of my most favorite things.
Be it a wheat tortilla, rice papers, gift paper…there’s just something magical about it.
Lettuce wraps are quite new to me and I have never expected them to take over my cooking, my afternoon thoughts, and my whole life so fast. They give me the opportunity to eat more without becoming a fat cow.
These bulgur filled lettuce wraps are simply put: wonderful. They contain asparagus, so you’re in for surprise when you go to pee.
HEALTH AND BEAUTY BENEFITS
Maybe not as impressive as giving your urine a different odor, but they’re also vegan, have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, detoxifying and anti-cancer properties, are super rich in phytochemicals and are high in these beauty nutrients:
- fiber – cleans toxins
- vitamin C – builds collagen
- iron – to maintain beautiful nails, hair and skin
- Vitamin E – for that antioxidant boost we need to protect the skin from damages
- lycopene – a super-powerful antioxidant
- Vitamin A – for the regeneration of skin cells
On top these bulgur filled lettuce wraps are super delicious, light and make you eat more.