Last updated on November 16th, 2020 at 03:34 pm
Another day – another recipe with asparagus, this is pretty much my life right now. And it’s a really goooood life.
I never really understood the hype around asparagus, but this year I’m starting to have a little crush on this plant. It’s crunchy, green, delicious and surprises you when you go to pee. What more can a girl ask for in a vegetable?
Asparagus and chickpeas are really like best friends in this amazing 15-minute stir fry. I don’t even know if I can call it fry because it’s quite healthy.
This is a yummy healthy dinner /lunch that is also very quick and easy. It again proves that the healthiest and most delicious recipes don’t need hours of preparation.
If you have leftover vegetables that you need to use today – this is your chance! Take it! For me on Sunday I had some peppers and some broccoli screaming my name for about a week from the fridge, so finally, I said – well, what harm are they going to do?
I’ll tell you.
No harm, no harm at all. These little angels in disguise, that I cold-heartedly chopped into a million pieces for this recipe, do only good. Even though…if you google broccoli, you might even find some dirt on this little guy. And he’s been working his butt off to save us from diseases.
You see, you can never please everyone.
But you can try with this amazing recipe for chickpeas with roasted vegetables.
HEALTH AND BEAUTY BENEFITS
Loaded with vegetables and chickpeas this recipe is very healthy and has the following properties:
It will be good to your liver, to your GI-tract, to your skin, and to your whole body.
Chickpeas with roasted vegetables
- 8 asparagus spears
- 4 broccoli florets – chopped
- 1 pepper – cut lengthwise
- 2 small tomatoes - chopped
- 3 garlic cloves –smashed
- 4 spring onions – chopped
- 2 cups chickpeas (1 can)
- 10 olives
- 2-3 tbps olive oil
- First wash, eventually peel and chop all veggetables. Remove the woody end of asparagus.
- Toss asparagus in a large skiller with some olive oil at medium high heat, then cover with lid for around 2 minutes.
- Add peppers and broccoli, stir and cover again.
- Add tomatoes & chickpeas – this time don’t cover, just stir. Add some more olive oil.
- After 2 min add onions, olives, capers, majoram. Stir well and now cover for 2 min.
- Take off heat. Add smashed garlic.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Leave a Reply