Last updated on July 30th, 2018 at 07:47 am
Wow today I’m really not in the mood. Maybe I’m not in the best mood because the last time I ate this creamy dreamy creme fraiche salmon pasta was almost a decade ago. Okay, it was actually last week. But I can’t stop thinking of it – when I sleep I dream of this pasta, when I work – I think of it too. To this very day I remember its taste like it was a minute ago.
I need my pastaaaaaa. It’s so warm, comforting with a light flavor of salmon and fresh onions. I just want to live with this creme fraiche salmon pasta until we’re seventy. I don’t think, that it’ll make it to 70, but hey if a McDonald’s burger can survive 20 years, then impossible is nothing, right? Why do good guys like this pasta have to go away from us so soon?
On another note I still can’t believe that guy sings he wants to live with the girl until they’re seventy. And then what? You’re gonna leave her and find some 60 years old piece of ass?? Men.
By the way I looooooove Ed Sheeran. All of his songs. But he should be more optimistic and I’m sure they’ll be loving each other until they’re at least 100. That’s how long I intend to love this creme fraiche salmon pasta.
I think the fact that this pasta is made with whole grain fiber-loaded farfalle, omega-3 rich salmon and with broccoli, which is bursting with all those awesome anticancer phytochemicals will be helpful in the process of me becoming a smoking hot 100 years old grandma. I bet one of my toe nails.
This creme fraiche salmon pasta takes less than 20 minutes to make, so it’s perfect to prepare on week nights, or whenever you’re in a hurry and want something warming, it’s unbelievably delicious and is also quite healthy.
- 1,5 cups whole grain pasta (around 300 g)
- 250 g salmon filet
- 300 g creme fraiche
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 small tomatoes
- 1 fresh onion
- 10 olives (green or black - whatever you prefer)
- 10 capers
- 10 big basil leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and white pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- In the mean time cut salmon in cubes. Cook salmon with some olive oil (2 tbsp) in a large non-stick deep cooking pan at medium high heat until ready (lid covered while cooking)
- While pasta and salmon are cooking chop garlic clove, tomatoes, olives, onions, basil leaves. When salmon has turned a brighter color add some chopped garlic, cover the lid and cook at medium high heat for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and creme fraiche, salt to taste and stir everything well together. Cook at medium high heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add pasta and the rest of the ingredients (olives, capers, broccoli, basil and fresh onions) stirring everything together. Cover with lid for a few minutes and you're ready.