Last updated on July 22nd, 2021 at 02:42 pm
Did you know takeout isn’t the only way to get food on your dinner table in less than 30 minutes? Shocking I know! Today I want to share some of my favorite easy and healthy dinner recipes that are super delicious and quick! Perfect for weeknight dinner, but tasty enough to make when you have more time as well. This little roundup features healthy dinner ideas with chicken, fish and shellfish, one ground beef recipe as well as vegetarian and vegan dinner ideas. Most of these are dinner ideas for two, but if you have a bigger family you can easily adapt the recipe, so that everyone gets to eat clean, at least for dinner! And if you’re looking for dinner recipes for one, well, then lucky future you – you’re getting a healthy meal tomorrow too!
How To Make A Healthy Dinner Every Day
My best tip on making a healthy dinner is to keep things simple and be prepared! Before you start the week make a meal plan or at least think of 2-3 quick dinner recipes you’d like to make during that week. Here’s an example of the last healthy meal plan I made.
I like to make dinner in 20-30 minutes and usually serve a salad to go along, as I feel a meal isn’t complete without some fresh vegetables. I know, we’re all different, but if your goal is to make a healthy dinner, make sure to get in some vegetables as well.
To help you out, I prepared a weekly meal planner and a healthy grocery list that you can download when you subscribe below.
Once you made a meal plan, it’s time to make a grocery list and go grocery shopping. Stick to whole foods, avoid sauces with too many ingredients you don’t know and processed foods (even those that seem to be the healthier option).
Healthy Foods For Dinner
A healthy dinner can have many different ingredients, depending on what you’re making but here are the main food groups you wanna look for:
- Fruits and vegetables – choose what’s in season right now and buy fresh or frozen.
- Whole grains and legumes – foods like lentils, beans, chickpeas, quinoa, rice for some more fiber and protein in your meals
- Nuts, seeds and their butters – nuts and seeds are great in salads and you can use the nut and seed butters to make tasty sauces. Pair with some garlic, lemon, mustard or tamari sauce and you’d be surprised how good these taste!
- Animal protein (if you’re not vegan) – chicken, salmon, shrimp, yogurt, cheese and eggs (if you’re not allergic to dairy, fish, shellfish or eggs of course)
- Herbs and spices. Do not forget to spice up your dishes – it makes a huge difference.
Now here are some of my go-to quick recipes – I make a variation of these every month and love them.
15-Minute Healthy Dinner Recipes
20-Minute Healthy Dinners
25-30 -Minute Healthy Dinners
I hope you get some inspiration and some new healthy dinner ideas! Don’t forget to subscribe to get the free meal planner and the healthy grocery list to help you stay on track with eating healthy.
You Might Also Like:
- 12 Super Delicious Healthy Salads
- 23 Healthy Breakfasts You Can Eat On The Go
- 11 Easy Healthy Cold Lunches To Take To Work