Last updated on March 18th, 2023 at 05:51 pm
This collection of easy healthy lunch ideas includes the best nourishing lunch bowls, soups, wraps, tasty quesadillas and amazing salad recipes!
So, if you don’t know what to eat for lunch that is healthy and tasty, whether you work from home, go to an office, to school or uni, you’ve come to the right place. Here you’ll find some of the best healthy lunch recipes that you can enjoy wherever you are around noon.
If you’re trying to lose weight, great. If you’re not trying to lose weight, but want to keep your body nourished and healthy – also great. Here you’ll find delicious healthy recipes that you can make for lunch that are nutrient-dense, filling but don’t have too many calories.
Healthy Lunch Bowl Recipes
Let’s start the list of easy and healthy lunch ideas with some of the healthiest things to enjoy any time of day: power bowls. Filled with protein, vegetables, and flavor, these lunch bowl recipes are easy to make and absolutely amazing.
1. Sweet Potato and Black Bean Bowls. Roast some sweet potatoes and cauliflower in the oven and make these bowls in no time! They’re plant-based, easy and delicious.
2. The 5-Minute Mediterranean Bowl. This is one of my most popular healthy lunch recipes. No wonder – it happens to be one of my go-to recipes as well. It’s super easy, quick and full of flavor! Great for meal prep too if you want to make everything from scratch. If you’re short on time – you can buy all the individual parts and use cherry tomatoes and a chopped cucumber instead of salad.
3. Mediterranean Salmon Bowl. One of the most popular recipes on the blog, these salmon bowls are mong my favorite recipes for lunch as well. To be honest, I never make a dish the exact same way twice, but I often make a variation of this bowl. Feel free to use the vegetables you have at home for this one. It’s great for dinner too!
4. Shredded Chicken Bowls. These bowls are fresh, flavorful and low carb, but in a very healthy way. With some roasted vegetables, cooked shredded chicken and a salad this lunch recipe is satisfying and easy to meal prep.
5. Sweet Potato, Kale and Chicken Lunch Bowls. These tasty lunch bowls are perfectly balanced – nutrition and taste-wise. They’re colorful, full of protein, antioxidants and deliciousness!
Healthy Lunch Wrap And Sandwich Recipes
6. Garlic Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich. Use wholegrain bread to make this simple sandwiches more nourishing. Or if you’re gluten-free/low carb/paleo – use the type of bread that works for you! Super easy and it’s super tasty – serve with some tomato cucumber salad for the perfect healthy lunch.
7. Avocado Chicken Salad. Obviously, I’m a fan of avocado placed in between 2 slices of bread. Well, even if you decide to eat this chicken salad with a spoon – I won’t blame you. It’s SO good!
8. Vegetarian Hummus Wraps. This is the only hummus wrap you’ll ever want to eat once you have it! It’s so good and it’s just the perfect healthy lunch recipe.
Grab-And-Go Lunch Ideas
Now, if you’re a busy person and have no time for a sit-down meal, prep one of these grab-and-go healthy lunch ideas – they won’t disappoint. In this section, you’ll find recipes for lunch quesadillas, savory pies and muffins.
9. 10-Minute Chicken Quesadilla With Feta Cheese. If you’ve got some cooked chicken, feta cheese and vegetables you can easily make this tasty quesadilla recipe in 10 minutes. You’ll put all of the ingredients in a bowl, mash them together, spread over a tortilla, fold in half, and toast in a pan. Yes, making lunch can be that easy!
10. Chicken Egg Bake. If you’re often on the go and don’t have time to eat over the sink during your 5-minute lunch break, you might consider mixing a bunch of things together and baking them. Without sugar. With chicken and vegetables instead. That would be one disgusting banana bread….But no, it’s not banana bread – it’s an egg bake and it’s really good!
11. Vegan Quesadilla With Chickpeas. Another quesadilla recipe! Fill this one with chickpeas, herbs and vegetables – it makes the best easy, quick and delicious vegan lunch.
12. Crustless Tuna Quiche. Canned tuna is a super versatile ingredient and it goes really well in a crustless quiche. Super easy to pack and take to work, great for meal prep and very filling and tasty.
13. Spinach And Feta Lunch Muffins. These flourless muffins are made with eggs, oats, spinach, feta cheese and taste just wonderful. Two of them make the perfect healthy lunch, but if you want to win extra points – you can have them with some salad or veggies on the side.
Healthy Warm Lunch Ideas
Now sometimes, you just want something hot for lunch. Enter these healthy warm lunch ideas. Here you’ll find soups, one-pan meals and much more. All you need to do is cook at home and reheat in the microwave.
14. Coconut Curry Shrimp Soup. This soup is a spicy, fresh and flavorful! It’s low carb and it’s light and just perfect for lunch.
15. 15-Minute Quinoa With Chicken. If you’re like me and cook a bunch of things ahead like quinoa and chicken, you’ll be able to whip this super tasty dish for lunch (or dinner) in no time. It’s super healthy and just packed with flavor!
16. Quinoa Fried Rice. Fried rice has to be one of my favorite meals – it’s easy, quick, super delicious and you get to use all of your old food. If you don’t have rice, but quinoa, you can even make it a bit healthier!
17. Easy Lentil Soup. If you need the extra comfort – make this tasty and healthy lentil soup! It’s a hearty, filling lunch recipe that you will surely enjoy!
Amazing Salad Recipes For Lunch
You just can’t beat a good salad for lunch. You can’t. They’re juicy, they’re filling, they’re fresh and when done right – taste AMAZING. They won’t make you fall asleep after your lunch break – you just feel right when you eat a salad. Actually, I’d take a salad over anything else, any time any day. Salads are undoubtedly among the best choices when it comes to easy healthy lunch ideas and here are some of my favorites.
18. Tuna and Chickpea Salad. Speaking of quick and easy lunch recipes – can you open a can of tuna and another one of chickpeas? Then you’re halfway done with this amazing Mediterranean-style tuna chickpea salad.
19. Roasted Vegetable Chicken Salad. I have dreams, dreams about this delicious salad made with shredded chicken, a tangy dressing, extra fresh and some roasted vegetables. It is definitely one of my favorite healthy lunch recipes as it’s super flavorful and filling.
20. Mediterranean Salmon Salad. If you love salmon and the Mediterranean diet, you’ll love this delicious healthy salmon salad! To speed things up, you can definitely make the salmon and the roasted vegetables ahead, as well as wash and chop the fresh vegetables.
21. The Best Mediterranean Chickpea Salad. I used to make salads like this one every single morning before I went to work. I would pack it in a container, it took me about 10 minutes and it kept really well in our fridge in the office. It tastes so fresh, but also has the saltiness from the feta cheese and the olives and it’s really filling. Now that I don’t leave the house, I seem to find more excuses not to make salads it’s really weird. I know: Great story, can I eat it?
Like who says final notes? After writing this blog for 5 years now, I still don’t know how to end things…But I hope you get some inspiration and some new healthy lunch ideas that you’ll actually want to make. These are some of the things I usually make and I like them. Stay healthy and enjoy these sweet potato and black bean bowls!
More Healthy Recipes To Try
- 30-Minute Healthy Dinner Ideas To Try This Month
- 7-Day Clean Eating Challenge and Meal Plan
- 23 Easy and Healthy Breakfast Recipes To Try
Roasted Vegetable Bowls and More Healthy Lunch Ideas
This collection of easy healthy lunch ideas includes the best nourishing lunch bowls, soups, wraps, tasty quesadillas and amazing salad recipes! Now, grab some sweet potatoes and make these delicious roasted vegetable bowls!
For the black bean sweet potato bowls:
- 1 cup spicy sweet potatoes, roasted
- 1 cup spicy cauliflower, roasted
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cucumber
- ½ scallion
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 scallion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tomato
- ¼ cup basil
- 2 tbsp olives
- salt and pepper
- 1 lime
- Roast the cauliflower and sweet potatoes according to this recipe.
- While they're cooking, rinse and drain the black beans, chop the cucumber, scallions, olives, tomato, basil leaves, mince the garlic.
- Add the avocado, 1/2 scallion, the minced garlic, tomato, basil, olives, salt, pepper and some lime juice to a bowl, then mash everything together with a fork.
- Once the roasted vegetables are done, arrange your bowls adding the sweet potato, cauliflower, black beans, some cucumber, scallions and the avocado sauce in the middle. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 284Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 487mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 15gSugar: 9gProtein: 10g
Originally published in October 2020, this post was last updated in March 2023.