Last updated on March 19th, 2020 at 05:06 pm
Getting enough protein on a vegan diet is not a difficult task, especially with these easy high-protein vegan recipes. This list includes healthy high-protein vegan dinner recipes, lunch recipes and breakfast recipes.
If you’re not vegan, but want to decrease your animal product consumption, please don’t let the fear of not getting enough protein stop you. It’s better for you, it’s better for the planet and a lot better for the animals. As for me, I am also not vegan, but I try to keep it simple and to make most of my meals plant-based and I feel so much better this way.
High Protein Vegan Foods List
So what can you eat on a vegan diet to get enough protein? Besides obviously protein powder, which is exquisite.
Well, adults need 0.8 g protein/kg weight every day. So if you’re a 55 kg female (around 121 lbs) this means you need to be getting 44 g of protein per day to cover your needs. Make sure to get your protein from different sources to get a complete set of all essential amino acids in your diet.
Here’s a summary of which foods you can enjoy to get enough protein on a vegan diet:
- Legumes. This includes lentils, chickpeas and all types of beans.
- Green Vegetables. This includes spinach, kale, broccoli, even parsley – they’re all great sources.
- Soy and soy products. Some examples are tofu, tempeh and edamame.
- Nuts And Seeds. Hemp seeds, chia seeds, almonds, peanuts, sesame seeds and all of their butters are great options.
- Whole grains. The best choices here would be oats and quinoa.
Now let’s get to the recipes!
High-Protein Vegan Recipes
Green Breakfast Smoothie (no powder)
Well, and that’s it! 15 vegan meals to get your protein even if you aren’t using protein powder or eating animal products. I hope you enjoy these recipes, please share them if you do!