Are you ready for a delicious and super easy oatmeal chocolate muffins recipe? Well, you’re already here, so you might as well take a bowl and mix the ingredients for this delicious plant-based dessert, it’s ready in no time and great for meal prep too!
Easy Oatmeal Chocolate Muffins
It’s 8 am I’m thinking of making these flourless vegan brownie muffins right after I finish writing this. You’ll be more empathetic once you try the recipe because these healthy chocolate muffins are fudgy, melty in your mouth or anyone’s mouth, and an absolutely divine healthy dessert that tastes like a rich and famous brownie. And I’m obsessed with it.
Usually, I’d eat one of these chocolate oat muffins after dinner or in the middle of the day when I crave something sweet, but I’m trying to quit coffee right now. So I made tea and I’m staring at my cup of tea and it’s totally not my cup of tea, so I’m crying on the inside. And the outside. Writing with tears in my eyes…Wish I actually knew the lyrics to that one.
What’s Inside These Oatmeal Chocolate Muffins?
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make these delicious gluten free muffins:
- quick oats
- water…you could also use plant-based milk if you’ve got a brand you like…I can’t seem to tolerate any and water is pretty great, hydration, H2O, the elixir of life, the fountain of youth…use any liquid you have that is not beer.
- cherries – or no cherries if you haven’t been hoarding some in your freezer since summer
- almond butter – natural almond butter with only almonds in it
- cacao powder
- coconut sugar
- baking soda
- chopped nuts to top
- flaxmeal or is it flax meal…
How To Make Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Muffins
I honestly think it’s magic. Don’t know how these hold together, don’t want to ask or come up with conspiracy theories…I’m super grateful these just work and it’s a very easy process.
Step 1. Mix all ingredients with a fork in a bowl. Mix in this order: almond butter, coconut sugar, cacao powder, baking soda, flaxmeal and oats. Finally, add in the water, stir well and let it all sit for a while. The mixture will thicken in about 10 minutes. If you want, you can throw in some pitted cherries. I did that. You could also do some dark chocolate chunks…whatever you want. Nuts…what else…I’m really out of ideas. You try and come up with something good when the coffee in your hand is imaginary.
Step 2. Travel back in time and preheat your oven to 350F or 180C. Grease muffin liners with coconut oil – this will help to peel off the muffins easier when they’re ready. Line a muffin pan with these liners and pour in the mixture, filling each cup almost until the end of the liner. Sprinkle some chopped nuts or for some extra jitters and richness – chocolate chunks
Step 3. Bake for about 15-20 minutes and enjoy immediately or store in the fridge for rainy days without coffee.
And if you do drink coffee without going on guilt trips, these moist gluten-free chocolate muffins will be a great companion for that coffee.
I love options and here we’ve got a lot of options when it comes to ingredients:
- Use any other nut or seed butter if you don’t like almond butter – you will need to taste your batter before baking to adjust for sweetness/ bitterness
- Oats – you can also use some oat flour if you don’t have plain quick oats. If all you have is regular oats, you can grind them and use also in the recipe.
- Cherries. You can sub for any fruit you like. I recommend going for berries here, don’t feel like apple, peach or pears will be great in this recipe. You can also just be very cruel and leave the cherries out, tell that cherry to her face: I don’t need you here. She won’t care, I promise.
- Nuts. I used chopped walnuts, but pecans or even almonds or, any other nuts really will do.
- Coconut sugar. You can use any type of dark sugar you have available in here.
More Healthy Vegan Muffin Recipes:
Easy Oatmeal Chocolate Muffins
Healthy and easy oatmeal chocolate muffins recipe! These flourless vegan oat brownie muffins are fudgy, chocolatey and the perfect healthier dessert idea that you can meal prep for the week!
- ⅓ cup oats
- 1/2 cup and 2 tbsp water
- ⅔ cup cherries (optional)
- ½ cup almond butter
- 5 tbsp cacao powder
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp flaxmeal
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350F/180C.
- Mix all ingredients with a fork in a bowl. Mix in this order: almond butter, coconut sugar, cacao powder, baking soda, flaxmeal and oats.
- Add in the water, stir well and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Add in some pitted cherries if desired or chocolate chunks.
- Grease muffin liners with coconut oil - this will help to peel them off when the muffins are ready. Line a muffin pan with the liners and fill each cup with muffin mixture almost until the end of the liner. Sprinkle some chopped nuts or chocolate chunks on top.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes and enjoy immediately or store in the fridge.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 210Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 107mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 4gSugar: 11gProtein: 6g