Last updated on July 4th, 2019 at 04:35 pm
You need to make this quick easy quinoa risotto for dinner! This healthy quinoa recipe is vegan, gluten-free and super tasty. Totally worth the 20 minutes!
Okay, so this recipe = BOMB. I ate it for a few days and I couldn’t get enough of it.
How Did This Quinoa Risotto Happen?
Not gonna lie, my recipes are usually inspired by the things that expire in my fridge.
A moldy zucchini? A rotten eggplant? Half-eaten can of kidney beans and corn? Wilting vegetables?
Oh, yeah, talk moldy to me.
We’ve got a deal.
Okay, my veggies weren’t THAT bad, but you get the point. It’s time for another quinoa risotto.
And we’re not mad. This one will make you really happy. Here’s what you’ll be doing for 20 minutes:
- Wash and chop vegetables available at your home
- Put things into one pan
- Add salt, olive oil and possibly some herbs and spices
- Stir from time to time
- Add Parmesan if you’re not vegan, if you are – find an alternative, or don’t this quisotto is good without it
That is it. Simple, basic cooking, no peeling involved, no complicated sauces and then you get to eat while watching Netflix or something on your phone about mindful eating. #bestfridaynightever
No idea why people put the number symbol # in front of words these days, but #I #just #wanna #belong.
- Use cooked or uncooked quinoa. I did use cooked quinoa, because I love when I can cook meals with the speed of light and because it was in my fridge already and wasn’t getting younger. Remember that you will probably need to cook this risotto a little longer if using uncooked quinoa.
- I used fresh tomatoes, but canned might work as well, tomato paste – anything tomato probably will work.
- Beans and corn – if you like them add them, if not it’s not the end of the world. You can use chickpeas, lentils, whatever you like and will fill you up.
Damn it, I forgot to take a picture of this in my IKEA meal prep container. I’m a failure, I know. But yes, this would also keep in the fridge for 3-4 days and thus can be a good meal prep recipe.
Let’s get to the recipe already.
Okay, one more thing before I go! Since it’s almost Christmas, I want to wish everyone happy holidays, have lots of fun, spend time with the people you love, forget all your troubles and really take a moment to enjoy this time of the year. I will also take a little break from posting here, I kinda need it, but I will be back in 2019 with some new and exciting stuff.