Last updated on June 29th, 2022 at 03:19 pm
Do you know how hard it is to write about a super delicious recipe for garlic chicken with black beans, when all you’ve had until lunch is a coffee? My mouth is watering and I cannot lie. If you’re in need for a quick, healthy, easy and tasty chicken recipe for dinner today, you found it. This thing is ready in about 15 minutes, comes with a good amount of protein, fiber and antioxidants and is gluten-free and very versatile.
I wrapped it in a tortilla with some vegetables and a garlicky sauce, because we can never get enough garlic in our system. I said it before and I will say it again: Garlic 4 president.
How To Make Garlic Chicken With Black Beans
So it’s not just black beans, we also have green beans in here. BUT, turns out that would be a long title and Google won’t like me and hate me 4ever. Forever ever?
Here’s how to make this masterpiece.
- chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces (while keeping in mind to not bite off more than you can chew)
- rinse and drain the black beans and chop your vegetables
- heat a skillet and cook your chicken with some olive oil for a little bit
- add the onion
- then add in the spices and make sure to cover every single thing in the pan with them
- now add in the black beans and some more olive oil, then cover with a lid and cook for 4 -5 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- stir in the green beans and the garlic and cook for 2 more minutes
- serve immediately!
Yes, all that action takes place in one pan and within 15 minutes (approximately).
Now that you have this chicken with beans thing, you can eat it like this with some guacamole or this avocado dill sauce or…
Make A “Burrito”
Well, it’s more like a wrap. But you get the point.
- fill a tortilla with some chicken and beans
- make this avocado sauce or this yogurt sauce
- chop tomatoes and cucumber
- assemble it all together
- wrap and eat!
I really loved it like this! You can also serve it with rice or with salad or with both in a bowl!
Yes, this would also work for meal prep if you make some more of it. Maybe double the recipe? It was enough for me for two days. But, okay. I know I’m a super cool person (or is it lit now?) and I don’t want you to be jealous of me when I share the following amazing story.
So, as you know, my life’s pretty fabulous and filled with luxury, and so when I made this chicken in my pan made out of gold and diamonds, I allowed myself to eat it while sitting on my couch made out of pearls all alone watching Netflix Premium. #girlboss #selfcare #litselfcare #homealone
Yeah, totally not because I was exhausted and very unsocial (is that the right word?). I made this in 15 minutes and I ate it in like, 5.
But it was so delicious and it was delicious the next day too!
15-Minute Healthy Chicken And Black Beans
This garlic chicken with black beans is a super easy healthy dinner that doesn't require a ton of ingredients and can be put together in 15 minutes! Enjoy like this, wrapped in a tortilla with vegetables or with rice and salad!
- 6 oz chicken breast (or boneless, skinless thighs), chopped
- 1/2 cup black beans, canned, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen green beans
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp basil
- black pepper
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- garlicky yogurt sauce
- avocado dill sauce
- Chop the chicken and add it to a non-stick pan with 1 Tbsp olive oil at medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and let it cook for 3-4 minutes, stir from time to time.
- Add in the spices and the jalapeno. Stir the spices to cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the black beans and 1 Tbsp olive oil and cook for 4-5 more minutes or until the chicken is done.
- Add in the green beans and the minced garlic, stir. Cook for 2-3 more minutes then take off heat.
- Serve with rice or with a salad or in a burrito with some tomatoes, cucumbers and garlicky yogurt sauce or avocado dill sauce
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 389Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 389mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 8gSugar: 4gProtein: 32g
I hope you enjoy this dinner recipe, it’s super basic, but it’s also really good!
Leave a Reply