Last updated on November 16th, 2020 at 03:40 pm
I would have never thought that I would ever eat raw broccoli. Never. And I couldn’t even imagine that I would drink it in a green smoothie with apple and bananas.
It’s like I’m taking a dump on all the other diet myths – like for example the food combining diet. And on my old beliefs. “Ewww broccoli with banana”.
But the truth about this green smoothie is: Not bad, not bad at all.
Kinda perfect in fact.
Not too sweet, yet sweet enough. Just the way I like it. And true, because I don’t have the best blender in the universe it’s sometimes not that smooth (should call it “green not that smoothie”), but I have never minded chewing. I like to chew it, chew it, I like to chew it, chew it, we like to chew it! Legendary song. To be honest, I don’t really care, take a straw and it will all be good.
I have been drinking this green smoothie first thing in the morning last week, every day and 2-3 times throughout the day and I must say – it really makes me feel awesome.
It’s like: I wake up, I feel dead inside, I drink it – and abracadabra, I’m new again. In a few hours, again gray sucky winter got me dead inside – 1 glass of this green smoothie and tada I’m back to life. It’s like I get new life inside of me.
Warning: this smoothie will make you pregnant. Ok, it will of course not make you pregnant.
Well if you’re a man that is.
But it will make you feel alive, alive in every cell of your body.
And it tastes amazing – that broccoli fear I had before – gone with the wind. And my advice for you – if you think something might work, but you’re not sure, don’t just waste your time thinking if it would work out or not – just put it in the blender (even if it’s the blender of life) and try it.
You will definitely be relieved and will most probably be positively surprised. Some philosophic stuff going on in the huge pumpkin on my shoulders today.
HEALTH AND BEAUTY BENEFITS
Well, when it comes to antioxidants and detoxification it doesn’t get much better than this. The smoothie gets you about 70 % of the recommended vegetable & fruit servings.
Some of the beautifying nutrients in this green smoothie include:
- Fiber – helps get rid of the waste in the intestines, that might make skin look dull.
- Carotenoids – antioxidants, important for prevention of skin cancer and other types of cancer.
- Vitamin C – important for collagen formation and iron absorption! Score – Broccoli and Spinach are also high in iron!
Here are some properties of the green smoothie ingredients:
- Broccoli: anti-cancer, antioxidant, highly alkaline and detoxifying
- Spinach: anti-cancer, antioxidant, antiviral and alkaline
- Lemon: highly alkaline, Vitamin C-rich, antibacterial
- Apple: antioxidant, detoxifying
- Banana: potassium-rich, energy-boosting
- Carrot: anti-cancer, good for the eyes
Green Smoothie with Broccoli
A super healthy green smoothie recipe for a broccoli green smoothie! Surprisingly good and refreshing healthy smoothie!
- 1/2 cup broccoli
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 banana
- 1 apple
- 1 lemon
- 1 carrot
- Peel banana and lemon, wash and chop the other ingredients.
- Put everything in a blender and blend until smooth at high-speed.
- Keep the smoothie in the fridge in an air-tight container and drink it throughout the day - as a breakfast and at work at snack time.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 103Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 63mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 6gSugar: 13gProtein: 3g
Leave a Reply