Last updated on September 15th, 2021 at 05:48 pm
If you’re looking for a simple and delicious anti-inflammatory recipe, try this 20-minute easy ground turkey and mushroom soup recipe. This quick healing soup is a great option, if you’re following an anti-inflammatory diet, since it’s made with anti-inflammatory herbs and spices, rich in vitamins, antioxidants and is gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, soy-free and egg-free.
There are basically no common allergens in this recipe. No nightshades either.
Here it comes, another recipe without garlic. Another day of me not smelling like garlic. A sad day for humanity.
Or is it? No it’s not. Not only because I smell like Rosa Damascena now, but also because this soup is delicious. Never in a million years did I think I’d make something like this. I mean: ground turkey? MUSHROOMS? Who am I? Dave Ramsey? Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart? But it’s really good, really healthy and really comforting. And whether you’re eating to reduce inflammation or not, you will love this delicious healthy soup.
Ingredients For This Ground Turkey Mushroom Soup
Ground turkey. You can also use ground chicken or even ground beef for this soup too.
Mushrooms. White mushrooms aka champignons or is it champions. But feel free to use whichever type of mushrooms you know you like and can eat.
Vegetables. Carrots, zucchini and scallions are the vegetables I used here. A great option for this soup would be broccoli or cauliflower, maybe even some peas or green beans if you have some in your freezer.
Spices & Dried Herbs. Turmeric, rosemary, mint and a lot of black pepper to help unleash the superpowers of the curcumin in turmeric.
Fresh herbs. Using fresh herbs is optional, but I highly recommend it if you have some. I used and loved fresh oregano for this recipe and it’s just so amazing. Another great option here would be fresh thyme. Or, if you don’t have these, you can use whatever fresh herbs you have available – cilantro, parsley, basil or mint are some of my go to’s usually.
How To Make This Healthy Turkey Mushroom Soup
Start with chopping the mushrooms and cooking the turkey with a little bit of water, salt and olive oil. Keep it covered and cook at medium-high. Then add the mushrooms and let saute together for 2-3 minutes.
Stir in the chopped vegetables and the dried herbs and spices and stir for about 2 minutes. Pour in the water and a pinch of salt, then cover and reduce the heat to medium. Alternatively you can also use stock instead of water. If using water, make sure to taste the broth after about 4-5 minutes to adjust for salt.
After those 5 minutes of cooking, stir in the fresh herbs and turn the heat off.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
You’ll Love This Soup Because It’s:
- light, but also filling and really tasty
- healthy and allergen-free, perfect for an anti-inflammatory diet
- made with simple whole food ingredients
- ready in about 20 minutes
More Anti-Inflammatory Recipes
- How To Make An Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie
- Homemade Anti-Inflammatory Chicken Soup
- Delicious Salmon Lettuce Wraps
- 7 oz / 200g minced turkey
- 7oz / 200g mushrooms, chopped roughly
- 1 carrot, chopped
- ½ zucchini, chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp dried mint
- ½ tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 big scallions (or a small onion), chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- Chop the mushrooms and saute ground turkey with some salt, water and olive oil, covered with lid.
- Stir in the mushrooms and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the carrot, zucchini, turmeric, rosemary, mint, black pepper and onion. Add water to cover (about a cup) and cook for about 4-5 minutes. Have a taste and adjust for salt.
- In the last minutes add the fresh herbs and turn the heat off.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 310Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 109mgSodium: 415mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 32g
I hope you enjoy this easy anti-inflammatory soup with ground turkey, let me know if you have any questions, feedback or suggestions!