If you’re in need of a healthy and easy dinner recipe with salmon, you need to try these filling, delicious and pretty amazing Healthy Brussels Sprouts, Sweet Potato And Salmon Bowls!
This is a simple meal prep salmon dinner idea to help you get some veggies in during the colder months! It’s paleo-friendly, gluten and dairy-free and great for you to get some good fiber, vitamins, minerals and omega-3’s.
In short, I paired the 10-minute Brussels sprouts with tasty sweet potato mash and some salmon that I seared on both sides on the stove. It really doesn’t take long and you can make all things at the same time.
What really brings it together is, once again, the garlic sauce. I love this cashew-based garlic sauce and it seems to go with everything. Add some lemon to the salmon and your dinner is served.
Ingredients For These Healthy Salmon Bowls
These healthy dinner bowls are full of simple, wholesome ingredients that you can easily find during the cold season:
- Salmon Filets
- Brussels Sprouts
- Sweet Potato
Additionally to these three main ingredients you’ll need some garlic, cashews, lemon, salt papper, pickled jalapenos, a cucumber and scallions to bring some flavor. I also added a little bit of butter to the sweet potato mash, but you can also use coconut oil if you don’t want to use butter.
How To Make These Healthy Meal Prep Bowls
This is a quick and easy task if you get everything going on at the same time.
Season and sear the salmon in one pan on both sides until golden brown.
While that’s going on you can also be boiling the sweet potato and stir-frying the Brussels sprouts.
And if you’re superhuman, you can even throw in making the cashew garlic sauce in that cacophony. I recommend using hot boiling water to soak the cashews since I don’t think you’d remember to soak them the night before. I never do and I’m a pretty average human, so that’s my take on it.
When the sweet potato is soft and basically falls apart at your fork touch, drain the water and add in some butter/coconut oil and a little bit of salt and pepper if you desire. Mash and stir in some thinly chopped scallions – loved these in there.
Once all of these parts are ready, nothing can stop you from putting it all onto a plate or in a bowl and digging in!
I really hope you enjoy it!
Meal Prep Tips
This healthy meal prep recipe will make enough for three people or for one person for three days. Make sure to use airtight containers and a separate container for the cashew garlic sauce. Heat up and add the sauce when it’s time to eat.
More Easy Healthy Salmon Dinner Ideas:
- 450g / 16oz salmon filets
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 1 scallion, thinly chopped
- 2 tbsp pickled jalapenos
- 3 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup cashews
- pinch salt
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup water
- Salmon: Coat salmon with the olive oil, juice from lemon and some salt and pepper. Place in a nonstick pan and sear on each side for around 4-5 minutes at medium-high heat or until golden brown, making sure to flip carefully. Alternatively, you can also make your salmon in the oven or in an air fryer (follow instructions for fish).
- Sweet Potato Mash: Boil the sweet potato in some filtered and salted water for about 12-15 minutes. Once soft, drain the water and mash the sweet potato with a fork or a masher, adding some butter or coconut oil and a little bit of salt. Stir in the thinly chopped scallions.
- Cashew sauce: Soak the cashews overnight or use boiling water to cover the cashews for 5-10 minutes, so that they get soft and become easy to blend. Remove soaking water, add the cashews to a blender, the garlic, lemon juice, salt and about a 1/3 cup of water. Blend until smooth. If needed add water 1 tbsp at a time to achieve desired consistency. In my experience 1:1 is a great ratio for cashew sauce.
- Place everything in a bowl or on a plate: one of the salmon filets, some of the sweet potato mash, some Brussels sprouts, cucumber, jalapeno, some cashew garlic sauce to bring it all together and some cilantro to garnish! Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 565Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 400mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 5gSugar: 6gProtein: 39g