Last updated on December 14th, 2018 at 08:50 am
It happened again.
And this time I made these adorable healthy, high-fiber apple crumble mini pies.
And they’re really good.
Actually they’re amazing. I’m slowly starting to think I can bake.
Gone are the days when everything I baked tasted like old stinky socks.
The pictures don’t show it, because it was late when I took them so I didn’t have much natural light, but these apple crumble cups are sooo delicious, oh my goodness.
I want to make these apple crumble cups every single day for the rest of my LIFE.
And if I had one hour for that daily – trust me I would do it.
And I would feel good about it, because aside from tasting absolutely divine, these are super healthy.
There’s not even one ingredient that is bad for you or too fancy for me.
All just whole foods (aside from coconut oil) we all have at home.
How did these apple crumble pies get so healthy?
For these apple crumble mini pies I used:
- only 1 Tbsp of honey to sweeten the whole thing instead of ½ cup sugar (if vegan use vegan liquid sweetener)
- ground oats instead of white flour
- coconut oil instead of butter or vegetable oils
Add a few more healthy ingredients, put everything in the oven, take it out and start a new life in a little place called taste bud heaven.
Incredibly delicate, super crumbly, buttery and perfectly sweet.
And yet this is a dessert I never thought I’d make.
Well I hate apples.
And now you’re like: “Well I hate you!”
Let me explain.
Hating apples doesn’t mean I’m a bad person… I just want to marry a doctor.
And if you can put two and two together you’d know that…
Apples have bad reputation, you know?
- Snow White chocked on an apple and almost died.
- Adam and Eve ate that apple and then the snake came out of nowhere looking for it, got really mad, spit poison in their faces and told them she’ll sue…
What do all these real stories tell us:
- Eat an apple a day and you won’t marry a doctor (you will probably never become one or work with one as well)
- Eat an apple and you might die from chocking.
- Eat an apple and you’ll get spit on and sued by a snake.
However, one bite of these yummy apple crumble mini pies and I forgot all these horrifying facts. I also forgot about my apple allergy (which is a real thing – but only for raw apples).
The toughest part…
The only “special” ingredient you might not have at home for this recipe is oat flour, but you can easily make it yourself.
You simply grind oats in your food processor or your coffee grinder if you don’t have a food processor.
I tried this with my mom’s 30-year old coffee grinder and it works perfectly – you can grind nuts, oats, everything in it – place, pulse and ready.
This apple crumble smells incredible, but please be careful when you make it to not bite into it while it’s still super hot! Guess who did that?