Last updated on January 23rd, 2019 at 07:57 am
You only need 4 ingredients to make this delicious and easy oatmeal smoothie for breakfast!
Let me give you a little lesson in evolution.
First this smoothie was just banana with overnight oats and a lil’ bit of water blended together. This was pretty good.
Then, my sister got involved and we added orange. This step made the whole thing about a million times more delicious and super super fresh.
And then my brother in law came in the picture and suggested we add some cinnamon. Now we’ve got a twist in the story.
Cinnamon? What does he even know? I’m pretty sure his taste buds have retired. I tried his suggestion anyway, because I try everything.
Now I have so much more respect for my brother in law and his taste buds. Because this smoothie is even more perfect with a little bit of cinnamon. I already knew this from cutting my own bangs when I was 14, but it’s true what they say: You live and you learn.
How To Use Oats In Your Smoothies
Oats make a smoothie more nourishing, filling and satisfying. One way you can use oats in a smoothie is to let them soak overnight and then blend them with milk of your choice or in water. Once you have a smooth consistency add whatever you wish to the smoothie – banana, peanut butter, almond butter, strawberries, mango, cinnamon or vanilla are all great additions.
Health Benefits Of An Oatmeal Smoothie
This oatmeal smoothie has many benefits for your cardiovascular, skin and gut health.
- Oats: cholesterol-lowering and a prebiotic to help your good gut bacteria multiply like there’s no tomorrow. Also great to keep you full for longer and help you lose weight without being hungry.
- Banana: also contain prebiotic to improve your gut health and potassium to help your muscles, nervous system and cardiovascular system function properly.
- Orange: a great source of vitamin C to make you feel less stressed and keep your skin young
- Cinnamon: tasty anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and anti-diabetic spice that goes really well in smoothies.
Now let’s get to the recipe.
Oatmeal smoothie that is great for breakfast – healthy, filling, refreshing and super delicious. This recipe is vegan, high-fiber, nut-free and dairy-free.
- 1/3 cup oats, soaked*
- 1 banana
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Place soaked oats, orange juice and 1/2 cup filtered water to your blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add the banana and cinnamon with 1/2 cup more water and blend again until smooth.
*soak the oats in water in the fridge for at least 3 hours
I hope you enjoy the recipe, if you do share it with your friends and subscribe via email, so I can send you more delicious recipes and some health tips.