Last updated on November 18th, 2020 at 08:50 am
You only need 4 ingredients to make this delicious and easy oatmeal smoothie – super tasty healthy breakfast idea!
Healthy Oatmeal Smoothie
Let me give you a little lesson in evolution.
Then, my sister got involved and we added orange. This step made the whole thing about a million times more delicious and super super fresh.
And then my brother in law came into the picture and suggested we add some cinnamon. Now we’ve got a twist in the story.
Cinnamon? What does he even know? I’m pretty sure his taste buds have retired. I tried his suggestion anyway, because I try everything.
Now I have so much more respect for my brother in law and his taste buds. Because this smoothie is even more perfect with a little bit of cinnamon. I already knew this from cutting my own bangs when I was 14, but it’s true what they say: You live and you learn.
How To Use Oats In Your Smoothies
Oats are a great addition for breakfast smoothies as they contain a good amount of protein and fiber. This, in turn, will make your smoothie more filling and satisfying for breakfast.
One way you can use oats in a smoothie is to let them soak overnight and then blend them with a milk of your choice or in water.
Once you have a smooth consistency add whichever other ingredients you wish to the smoothie. Banana, peanut butter, almond butter, strawberries, mango, cinnamon or vanilla are all great additions.
This oatmeal smoothie has many benefits for your cardiovascular, skin and gut health.
- Oats: can lower cholesterol and contain a prebiotic to help your good gut bacteria multiply like there’s no tomorrow. Also great to keep you full for longer and help you lose weight without being hungry.
- Banana: also contains prebiotic to improve your gut health and potassium to help your muscles, nervous system and cardiovascular system function properly.
- Orange: a great source of vitamin C to make you feel less stressed and keep your skin young
anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and anti-diabetic spice that goes really well in smoothies. tasty
Now let’s get to the recipe.
- 1/3 cup oats, soaked*
- 1 banana
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Place soaked oats, orange juice and 1/2 cup filtered water in your blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add the banana and cinnamon with 1/2 cup more water and blend again until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
*soak the oats in water in the fridge for at least 3 hours
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 321Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 72gFiber: 7gSugar: 36gProtein: 7g
I hope you enjoy this oatmeal smoothie for breakfast! If you did share it with your friends and subscribe via email, so I can send you more delicious recipes and some health tips.