Last updated on December 30th, 2018 at 01:10 pm
This salmon sandwich is the best. It’s not your average salmon sandwich recipe…It’s like a super satisfying lunch or dinner and it’s a recipe you definitely need in your life. You just never knew about it.
Okay, so this recipe will work as a wrap as well. In fact, it might be better as a wrap. Or in a pita. Whatever you choose – this is a fragrant, delicious AMAZING salmon recipe that will pop up in your daydreams about food multiple times a day without any warning. And you’ll just have to make it again and again and again.
Which is good, because this salmon sandwich is also healthy. Yes, we’ll put that yogurt garlic sauce to use, we’ll load on some healthy fats from the salmon and we’ll get some much needed antioxidants from all the vegetables.
To make everything super easy and simple, you won’t have to first sear the salmon and then add the vegetables – it all pretty much happens simultaneously in one pan. And it’s light, delicious and super, SUPER satisfying.
I didn’t cook the fish too long and I added lots of vegetables and herbs like rosemary to prevent the formation of advanced glycation endproducts during cooking. Those make you age faster and cause wrinkles, so no thanks.
This salmon recipe is rich in omega 3’s, protein, fiber, antioxidants and is in fact anti-inflammatory, because of the high content of omega-3’s from fish and phytochemicals from the vegetables.
To make it gluten-free leave out the wrap or use a leaf of something green (like lettuce) to wrap the whole thing in it. And if you want to make this recipe paleo – make this sauce or this one instead of the yogurt garlic sauce.
Okay, now on to the recipe.
Healthy salmon sandwich - this recipe is a little different, but so worth it! It's a quick, delicious and easy healthy dinner that you'll love.
- 2 salmon filets (around 300g/12 ounces)
- a pinch of salt
- 5 spring onions (cut in ½ and into strips)
- 1 carrot (cut into strips)
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- fresh rosemary – 1 stripe, just the leaves
- 1 cup broccoli florets (cut into strips)
- 1/3 cup basil leaves
- some parsley
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Optional: some sesame seeds to garnish
- 1. Cut salmon into 6 pieces, but you can also leave the filets whole.
- In a large skillet at medium-high heat add salmon and other ingredients, stir and close the lid for about 3-4 minutes.
- 2. Stir again from time to time for 2-3 more minutes, this time with lid open. Top with some sesame seeds.
- 3. Wrap in a tortilla or fill into a pita/ bread and add garlicky yogurt sauce or avocado garlic dill sauce.
to make gluten-free, use lettuce leafs instead of tortillas / bread or serve like this