Last updated on April 5th, 2021 at 08:41 pm
Before I get real creative with these titles, get ready for these healthy spicy chicken and roasted vegetable bowls. This is another really delicious healthy dinner idea that you can meal prep for the week if you’re wanting to eat clean. Even if you’re not, you should try this gluten free dinner recipe, because it’s new, it’s different and it’s really good. And it’s really easy to make.
You will need quite a few things for this meal. It’s easy to make, but there are many things going on at the same time and it takes a little. Here’s what you need:
- Chicken thighs. Skinless, boneless, you can also try chicken breast, if you have a favorite way of cooking it. I personally am not a huge fan, so chicken thighs it is.
- Flavors: We’ll use some smoked paprika, some crushed red pepper flakes, some garlic and some salt and pepper. Nothing too intense, but you can definitely add some cumin, coriander or other spices you like to your chicken.
- Fresh herbs. I mainly used dill here, because that’s what I had at home. You can use cilantro, basil, mint or parsley – whichever one you like and have at home.
- Spicy roasted vegetables. I showed you how to make those in the oven a few days ago, and now it’s time to use them. We’re using a mix of roasted sweet potatoes, cauliflower and a red bell pepper.
- Cabbage and more fresh vegetables. We’re going to make a super healthy salad as the base for this bowl. It’s good, trust me.
- Garlic dill sauce: you can make this really fast using yogurt or for a dairy-free option try this avocado dill sauce or the cashew sauce in this recipe.
How To Make These Spicy Roasted Vegetable & Chicken Bowls
You’ll have multiple things going on at the same time for these bowls:
- Roasting sweet potatoes, cauliflower and red bell pepper
- Cooking the chicken on the stove with some herbs and spices. That’s going to take you 15 minutes.
- Chopping some vegetables to make a quick little salad for the base.
- Preparing a garlic dill sauce to finish it all off.
I know, it seems like a lot, but put once you put it all together and you’ll know it was all worth it. And if you’re multitasking it won’t take three thousand years, I promise.
How To Meal Prep These Bowls
Also, you only need to do this once and then you’ve got yourself a healthy dinner or lunch for the next few days, just double the recipe. Put all individual parts in individual containers, or separate into compartment containers and you’re gonna be good. I recommend making the salad right when you need it. However, if you do want to prepare you can pre-chop the cabbage, dill, olives and the lettuce and then season when it’s time to eat.
I hope you enjoy these, like I said, I really love them – they’re healthy, super easy to make and don’t take that long!
- 10oz/300g skinless boneless chicken thighs, in bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp dill
- 1 garlic love, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups cabbage
- 1 cup lettuce
- 2 tbsp dill
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp vinegar
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped olives
- 1 tsp olive oil
Yogurt Garlic sauce (see DF options in the notes)*
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp dill
- Start by making your vegetables according to this spicy roasted vegetable recipe. You can do all of the next steps while the vegetables are in the oven, just make sure to check on them after 15-20 minutes.
- Make the chicken. Mix chicken with the other ingredients in a bowl or directly in the pan, then cover the pan and cook for for 3-4 minutes at medium-high. Take the lid off and stir for 6-7 more minutes or until the chicken is done.
- For the salad add all ingredients to a bowl and mix them well together. I recommend massaging the cabbage with vinegar or lemon juice and a little bit of salt first and then adding the rest of the ingredients.
- Prepare the garlic sauce by mixing the ingredients in a small bowl. For a dairy free option try this avocado dill sauce or the recipe for the cashew sauce here.
- Time to assemble your bowls: start with a base of the salad and then top with the chicken and roasted vegetables. Top everything with the sauce and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 445Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 1118mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 7gSugar: 9gProtein: 43g