Last updated on June 27th, 2020 at 01:22 pm
These are 30 Mediterranean diet recipes you can make in 30 minutes or less! Packed with fresh and easy to find ingredients these recipes are healthy, refreshing, flavorful and super delicious!
If you know me, even a little bit, you know anything that has garlic, basil, olives and tomatoes in it – I’d marry it in a heartbeat.
No surprise there.
“You’d marry anyone and anything that looks at you. You’re very pretty, but quite desperate.”
Well, today, we’re not here to talk about my sad attempts at marrying rich or just marrying to feel like I’m worth it, so I can finally afford a shampoo from Loreal.
We’re here to talk about the Mediterranean diet, its benefits, its foods and its recipes. So let’s do that!
Mediterranean Diet Benefits
The Mediterranean diet isn’t really a “diet”. It’s a way of eating and living. And it’s a really good one. Some pro’s of the Mediterranean diet include:
- prevents cardiovascular disease, diabetes and stroke
- is anti-inflammatory and provides a variety of antioxidants, minerals and vitamins
- prevents cancer
- reduces the risk for Alzheimer’s and other neurodegenerative diseases
- can help you maintain a healthy weight
- good for your mental health – the “diet” is easy to follow and you’re not cutting out any major food group!
- you get to keep your friends and family! You won’t turn into a dieting robot who avoids people who eat pizza in front of them.
Mediterranean Diet Food List
The reason the Mediterranean diet is really wholesome is that the Mediterranean region is very fertile. A large variety of fruits, vegetables, legumes, whole grains, seeds, nuts naturally grow in the Mediterranean countries.
Hope I’m not offending anyone but compared to what, for example, Germany has to offer in that department – which is potatoes, this plant abundance is what makes the Mediterranean diet so damn healthy and delicious!
Currently, most of us have access to many of the foods that can be found in the Mediterranean. Thanks, globalization!
Here are some Mediterranean diet foods that you can probably find in the store (or your garden!)
- Vegetables: tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, eggplant, arugula, spinach, broccoli, avocado, greens, potatoes, onion, peppers
- Fruit: lemons, oranges, strawberries, raspberries, peaches, apples, plums
- Whole grains & legumes: rice, bulgur, chickpeas, beans, lentils, barley, oats
- Nuts and seeds: almonds, walnuts, pistachios, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds
- Protein: poultry, eggs, cheese, yogurt, fish and seafood
- Herbs and spices: garlic, basil, mint, parsley, coriander, saffron, rosemary, oregano, cinnamon
- Healthy Fats: Olive oil, olives, avocado
- Let’s not forget: WINE.
Mediterranean Diet Meal Plan
If you decide you want to try the Mediterranean diet, you can easily create your very own meal plan by following these simple “rules”:
- Eat fresh, seasonal and cook more! Consume plenty of vegetables, fruit, whole grains, beans, nuts and seeds. Add in some fish, poultry, Greek yogurt, cheese, and (a little bit of) wine!
- Avoid processed and fried foods
- Share with family and friends!
Mediterranean Diet Recipe List
To get you started here are 30 quick and easy Mediterranean diet recipes that I have tried and loved! They’re not traditional dishes, but they’re good dishes. Here’s a list of the recipe links (if you don’t feel like scrolling) and below you’ll find the recipe images to scroll through.
- Mediterranean Salmon Bowl
- 5-Minute Mediterranean Bowl
- Greek Chicken Wrap
- Mediterranean Chicken Skillet
- Shrimp and Calamari in Tomato Garlic Sauce
- Mediterranean Beef and Rice
- Super Fresh Quinoa Tabbouleh
- Tomato and Basil Quinoa Risotto
- Mediterranean Chickpea Skillet
- The Best Tomato Cucumber Salad
- 5-Minute Chickpea Bruschetta
- Greek Meatball Bowls
- Tuna Chickpea Salad Recipe
- Evolved Lentil Wraps
- Bulgur, Red Lentil & Butternut Squash Skillet
- Mediterranean Lettuce Wraps
- Mashed Chickpea Bruschetta
- Tomato Chickpea Salad
- Mediterranean Quinoa Skillet
- Lentil Salad Dip Recipe
- Easy Pizza Quesadilla
- Avocado, Tomato and Arugula Salad
- Paleo Vegan Herby “Cream Cheese” (no cream cheese used!)
- Tomato, Garlic and Chickpea Salad
- Red Lentil, Bulgur and Spinach Soup
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad With Avocado
- Grilled Veggie Pita
- Low-Carb Garlic Squid Recipe
…aaand for those of you who like to scroll, here are the pictures to the recipes:
Meal Prep For The Week
If you don’t have much time to cook on weekdays, it’s a good idea to make some of these recipes ahead. Many of them can be stored in the fridge for 3-5 days – just use airtight meal prep containers like these. They’re a great long-term investment – BPA-free, they look great, they keep your food fresh and they help with portion control.
I personally love making ahead my 5-Minute Mediterranean Bowl and the Mediterranean Salmon Bowl. Follow the instructions of the individual recipes, so that your food stays fresh for more than a day!
30-Minute Mediterranean Diet Recipes
9. Tzatziki (Traditional or Paleo & Vegan)
I hope you found some recipes you’d like to make, if you do make them – let me know if you have any questions and share your feedback in the comments here, on Pinterest or Instagram by tagging me @beautybitesorg!
You Might Also Like:
- 7-Day Clean Eating Challenge And Meal Plan
- 20 On The Go Easy And Healthy Breakfast Ideas
- 12 Easy And Healthy Lentil Recipes