Last updated on November 30th, 2021 at 10:03 am
These are over 40 easy Mediterranean diet recipes you can make in 30 minutes or less! Packed with fresh and easy to find ingredients these recipes are healthy, refreshing, flavorful and super delicious!
If you know me, even a little bit, you know anything that has garlic, basil, olives and tomatoes in it – I’d marry it in a heartbeat.
No surprise there.
“You’d marry anyone and anything that looks at you. You’re very pretty, but quite desperate.”
Well, today, we’re not here to talk about my sad attempts at marrying rich or just marrying to feel like I’m worth it, so I can finally afford a shampoo from Loreal.
We’re here to talk about the Mediterranean diet, its benefits, its foods and its recipes. So let’s do that!
Mediterranean Diet Benefits
The Mediterranean diet isn’t really a “diet”. It’s a way of eating and living. And it’s a really good one. Some pro’s of the Mediterranean diet include:
- prevents cardiovascular disease, diabetes and stroke
- is anti-inflammatory and provides a variety of antioxidants, minerals and vitamins
- prevents cancer
- reduces the risk for Alzheimer’s and other neurodegenerative diseases
- can help you maintain a healthy weight
- good for your mental health – the “diet” is easy to follow and you’re not cutting out any major food group!
- you get to keep your friends and family! You won’t turn into a dieting robot who avoids people who eat pizza in front of them.
Mediterranean Diet Food List
The reason the Mediterranean diet is really wholesome is that the Mediterranean region is very fertile. A large variety of fruits, vegetables, legumes, whole grains, seeds, nuts naturally grow in the Mediterranean countries.
Hope I’m not offending anyone but compared to what, for example, Germany has to offer in that department – which is potatoes, this plant abundance is what makes the Mediterranean diet so damn healthy and delicious!
Currently, most of us have access to many of the foods that can be found in the Mediterranean. Thanks, globalization!
Here are some Mediterranean diet foods that you can probably find in the store (or your garden!)
- Vegetables: tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, eggplant, arugula, spinach, broccoli, avocado, greens, potatoes, onion, peppers
- Fruit: lemons, oranges, strawberries, raspberries, peaches, apples, plums
- Whole grains & legumes: rice, bulgur, chickpeas, beans, lentils, barley, oats
- Nuts and seeds: almonds, walnuts, pistachios, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds
- Protein: poultry, eggs, cheese, yogurt, fish and seafood
- Herbs and spices: garlic, basil, mint, parsley, coriander, saffron, rosemary, oregano, cinnamon
- Healthy Fats: Olive oil, olives, avocado
- Let’s not forget: WINE.
Mediterranean Diet Meal Plan
If you decide you want to try the Mediterranean diet, you can easily create your very own meal plan by following these simple “rules”:
- Eat fresh, seasonal and cook more! Consume plenty of vegetables, fruit, whole grains, beans, nuts and seeds. Add in some fish, poultry, Greek yogurt, cheese, and (a little bit of) wine!
- Avoid processed and fried foods
- Share with family and friends!
Mediterranean Diet Recipe List
To get you started here are 30 quick and easy Mediterranean diet recipes that I have tried and loved! They’re not traditional dishes, but they’re good dishes. Here’s a list of the recipe links (if you don’t feel like scrolling) and below you’ll find the recipe images to scroll through.
- Mediterranean Salmon Bowl
- 5-Minute Mediterranean Bowl
- Greek Chicken Wrap
- Mediterranean Chicken Skillet
- Shrimp and Calamari in Tomato Garlic Sauce
- Healthy Chickpea, Feta And Chicken Salad
- Healthy Shredded Chicken and Veg Bowls
- Mediterranean Salmon Salad
- Pesto Parmesan Chicken Wraps
- Crustless Tuna Quiche
- Quinoa, Feta & Roasted Veg Salad
- 20-Minute Chickpea Soup Recipe
- Mediterranean Salmon Wraps
- Spicy Shrimp and Quinoa
- Mediterranean Black Bean And Feta Salad
- Mediterranean Chickpea Wraps
- Mediterranean Beef and Rice
- Super Fresh Quinoa Tabbouleh
- Tomato and Basil Quinoa Risotto
- Mediterranean Chickpea Skillet
- The Best Tomato Cucumber Salad
- 5-Minute Chickpea Bruschetta
- Greek Meatball Bowls
- Tuna Chickpea Salad Recipe
- Evolved Lentil Wraps
- Bulgur, Red Lentil & Butternut Squash Skillet
- Mediterranean Lettuce Wraps
- Mashed Chickpea Bruschetta
- Tomato Chickpea Salad
- Mediterranean Quinoa Skillet
- Lentil Salad Dip Recipe
- Easy Pizza Quesadilla
- Avocado, Tomato and Arugula Salad
- Paleo Vegan Herby “Cream Cheese” (no cream cheese used!)
- Tomato, Garlic and Chickpea Salad
- Red Lentil, Bulgur and Spinach Soup
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad With Avocado
- Grilled Veggie Pita
- Low-Carb Garlic Squid Recipe
…aaand for those of you who like to scroll, here are the pictures to the recipes:
How To Meal Prep For The Week
If you don’t have much time to cook on weekdays, it’s a good idea to make some of these recipes ahead. Many of them can be stored in the fridge for 3-5 days – just use airtight meal prep containers.
I personally love making ahead my 5-Minute Mediterranean Bowl and the Mediterranean Salmon Bowl. Follow the instructions of the individual recipes, so that your food stays fresh for more than a day!
Also, I have a collection of meal prep Mediterranean recipes that you can find here.
30-Minute Mediterranean Diet Recipes
- This is one of my most popular and loved recipes. The ingredients include salmon, garlic, cabbage, basil, hummus, feta cheese.
- Ready in: 30 minutes | Serves: 2 | Calories: 580
- Another super popular and loved recipe on my blog! The ingredients include chickpeas, garlic, quinoa, hummus, and tzatziki.
- Ready in: 5 minutes | Serves: 1 | Calories: 380
- Use leftover chicken and make these in no time!
- Ready in: 20 minutes | Serves: 4 | Calories: 462
- Looks unusual, but tastes incredible!
- Ready in: 20 minutes | Serves: 3 | Calories: 352
- Quick and easy dinner that you can eat with whole grain rice, pasta or your favorite bread!
- Ready in: 20 minutes | Serves: 2 | Calories: 453
- Ingredients: canned chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, chicken, garlic, olives…
- Ready in: 10 minutes | Serves: 2 | Calories: 419
- Ingredients: chicken, cumin, garlic, cauliflower, zucchini…
- Ready in: 25 minutes | Serves: 3 | Calories: 318
- Ingredients: cooked salmon, roasted red peppers, feta, arugula…
- Ready in: 10 minutes | Serves: 1 | Calories: 584
- Ingredients: leftover chicken, pesto, Parmesan, spinach, garlic…
- Ready in: 15 minutes | Serves: 2 | Calories: 525
- Ingredients: canned tuna, eggs, onion, zucchini…
- Ready in: 25 minutes | Serves: 6 | Calories: 125
- Ingredients: cooked quinoa, feta cheese, roasted bell pepper, scallions…
- Ready in: 5 minutes | Serves: 2 | Calories: 314
- Ingredients: canned chickpeas, onion, garlic, spinach…
- Ready in: 20 minutes | Serves: 3 | Calories: 298
- Ingredients: salmon, arugula, avocado, yogurt, garlic…
- Ready in: 30 minutes | Serves: 4 | Calories: 567
- Ingredients: cooked quinoa, shrimp, garlic, tomato, zucchini…
- Ready in: 15 minutes | Serves: 2 | Calories: 468
- Ingredients: canned black beans, tomatoes, parsley, olives, scallions…
- Ready in: 10 minutes | Serves: 2 | Calories: 245
- Ingredients: canned chickpeas, hummus, garlic, tomato, spinach…
- Ready in: 20 minutes | Serves: 3 | Calories: 485
- One-pan meal that you can enjoy every once in a while with some salad!
- Ready in: 30 minutes | Serves: 4 | Calories: 255
- So fresh, and so delicious – this salad is a great side dish with dinner!
- Ready in: 15 minutes | Serves: 2 | Calories: 224
- Simple, quick and super delicious quinoa recipe with tomatoes, basil, zucchini and mozzarella!
- Ready in: 10 minutes | Serves: 1 | Calories: 458
20. Tzatziki (Traditional or Paleo & Vegan)
- Delicious, garlicky and herby sauce that goes with almost every meal!
- Use a can of chickpeas and make this for dinner in no time! It’s amazing.
- Ready in: 15 minutes | Serves: 2 | Calories: 446
- Ingredients: tomatoes, cucumbers, feta cheese…
- Ready in: 5 minutes | Serves: 2 | Calories: 189
- Ingredients: tomatoes, canned chickpeas, garlic, bread…
- Ready in: 5 minutes | Serves: 1 | Calories: 380
- Ingredients: ground beef, mint, basil, bell peppers…
- Ready in: 30-40 minutes | Serves: 3 | Calories: 532
- Ingredients: canned chickpeas, canned tuna, cucumber, tomato…
- Ready in: 10 minutes | Serves: 2 | Calories: 415
- Ingredients: canned chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice…
- Ready in: 10 minutes | Serves: 1 | Calories: 470
- Ingredients: lentils, onion, garlic, parsley, cucumber, arugula, onion…
- Ready in: 30-40 minutes | Serves: 4 | Calories: 509
- Ingredients: lentils, bulgur, onion, garlic, mint…
- Ready in: 20 minutes | Serves: 2 | Calories: 325
- Ingredients: boneless skinless chicken thighs, mint, crushed red pepper, garlic, hummus, zucchini…
- Ready in: 30 minutes | Serves: 2 | Calories: 338
- Ingredients: canned chickpeas, garlic, tomato, scallions, olives…
- Ready in: 5 minutes | Serves: 4 | Calories: 382
- Ingredients: canned chickpeas, tomatoes, onion, sesame seeds, carrot…
- Ready in: 10 minutes | Serves: 2 | Calories: 416
- Ingredients: tomatoes, green beans, chickpeas, quinoa…
- Ready in: 30-40 minutes | Serves: 5 | Calories: 451
- Ingredients: lentils, feta cheese, basil…
- Ready in: 20 minutes | Serves: 1 | Calories: 166
- Ingredients: zucchini, tortilla, mozzarella, garlic…
- Ready in: 10 minutes | Serves: 1 | Calories: 310
- Ingredients: arugula, avocado, tomato, cucumber, lemon juice…
- Ready in: 5 minutes | Serves: 2 | Calories: 300
- Ingredients: sunflower seeds, mint, garlic…
- Ready in: 10 minutes | Serves: 4
- Ingredients: chickpeas, arugula, tomato, garlic…
- Ready in: 10 minutes | Serves: 4 | Calories: 385
- Ingredients: spinach, red lentils, bulgur, turmeric…
- Ready in: 30-35 minutes | Serves: 3 | Calories: 290
- Ingredients: quinoa, avocado, scallions, cucumbers, basil…
- Ready in: 10 minutes | Serves: 2
- Ingredients: eggplant, pita bread, bell peppers, hummus…
- Ready in: 30 minutes | Serves: 4
- Ingredients: squid, garlic, lemon juice, tomato paste…
- Ready in: 15 minutes | Serves: 1 | Calories: 310
For the chickpea wraps
- 1 cup chickpeas, canned, rinsed and drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried mint
- 1 1/2 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup spinach
- hummus (no chili powder)
- 1x tomato cucumber avocado salad
- 4 small tortillas
- For the chickpeas: Put 1 cup of chickpeas (canned, rinsed and drained) in a non-stick pan and cook with 1 Tbsp of olive oil at medium heat. Add 1 garlic clove, the dried mint and the crushed red pepper. Stir until all chickpeas are coated. Then turn the heat off.
- Tahini Sauce: In a small jar or a bowl mix the tahini with the lemon juice and garlic. Add 1-2 Tbsp of water until you reach the desired texture and creaminess. I used 2 Tbsp of water in this recipe.
- Arranging the wraps: In the middle of the tortilla add a handful of spinach leaves, 2-3 Tbsp of chickpeas, 2 Tbsp of hummus, 2-3 Tbsp of the tomato-cucumber salad. Finally spread a tbsp of the tahini sauce over everything and wrap.
- Serve immediately or go for the meal prep option described in the notes.
Original recipe here.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 485Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 490mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 11gSugar: 7gProtein: 16g
I hope you found some recipes you’d like to make, if you do make them – let me know if you have any questions and share your feedback in the comments here, on Pinterest or Instagram by tagging me @beautybitesorg!
You Might Also Like:
- 7-Day Clean Eating Challenge And Meal Plan
- 20 On The Go Easy And Healthy Breakfast Ideas
- 12 Easy And Healthy Lentil Recipes