Last updated on August 9th, 2020 at 01:46 pm
Use a pan to make this 10-minute Mediterranean garlic roasted vegetables recipe! This healthy vegetable side dish recipe is low carb and vegan and it’s a great meal prep recipe, perfect for clean eating too!
10-Minute Mediterranean Garlic Roasted Vegetables
No need to turn on an oven or a grill, roast your vegetables directly in a pan with some olive oil, garlic, dried herbs and spices. I made these vegetables for a bowl recipe that’s coming up on the blog and they’re super delicious. Use them in wraps, in bowls, salads, with protein, for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Whenever, wherever.
How To Make Garlic Roasted Vegetables In A Pan
Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- chop some vegetables that you like and that cook fast (see below for some options)
- put a little bit olive oil in a nonstick pan and add all the vegetables
- cook at medium to medium-high and stir in the herbs, spices and garlic.
- To make this side dish even healthier I kept the temperature at medium, used less olive oil and covered the vegetables to speed up the cooking process and to prevent the vegetables from burning (which is not great for them!).
- Then remove the lid stir and let cook for 1-2 minutes.
Low Carb Vegetables To Roast
You can roast any vegetable you want in a pan, but make sure their cooking time is similar. It doesn’t need to be exactly the same, we’re not perfectionists, but you can’t roast potatoes and zucchini at the same time and expect them to both taste good. Here are some good vegetables to cook this way:
- bell pepper
- bok choy
Unlike fresh vegetables which we all should eat a ton of every single day, roasted vegetables actually can stay good for longer than a day. In my experience they stay good for about 3 days, so perfect meal prep side dish!
I hope you enjoy this simple easy side dish recipe!
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp mint
- ½ tsp cumin
- Chop the vegetables that you want to roast in bite-sized pieces.
- Heat a nonstick pan to medium, add olive oil.
- Add the vegetables, the garlic, mint, black pepper, cumin and sprinkle some salt. Stir well, so that the vegetables are covered with the herbs and spices.
- Cover with a lid and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Uncover, stir well, flipping some of the vegetables and let cook for 2 more minutes. Turn the heat off and enjoy!
You can try different vegetables for this recipe and you can also use different herbs and spices. Some other great options would be: dried basil, some oregano or even dill.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 82Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 2g