Last updated on November 30th, 2021 at 10:35 am
If you have 5 minutes, just do yourself a favor and make this (admittedly weird sounding, but) super refreshing and nutty smoothie bowl that tastes like ice cream. And that makes for a healthy ice cream (without the banana!).
What’s the last time you ate a very delicious, creamy and sugar-free dessert?
That’s right: never.
Well, my friend you’re in luck because this strawberry smoothie bowl with no bananas has no sugar and is full of antioxidants to make you feel incredible.
And after that, if you want even more strawberry smoothie bowl recipes with no bananas in them – check out my healthy & vegan strawberry cheesecake smoothie bowl with no bananas. This one is pretty awesome as well.
This healthy dessert recipe has fewer ingredients than I have fingers on my right hand (here’s a hint: I have 5) and is pretty much perfettamente.
That’s Italian for perfect, I just checked.
If you like ice cream, you’ll love this!
This strawberry smoothie bowl comes super close to ice cream and a little closer to a miracle.
I mean how did I not put even a drop of honey or a banana in there and it’s perfectly sweet?
I made this on one of the hottest days here, when I found out there was no ice cream in our fridge.
No frozen bananas, please!
I HATED with all my heart that frozen banana ice cream I tried to make one time. Like I hate frozen banana’s guts. That’s a strong word to use for a banana, but I have strong feelings.
Therefore what you see here – is a healthy strawberry smoothie bowl with no bananas. It’s a Strawberry No Banana Smoothie Bowl.
Yes, there is such thing!
And it’s pretty awesome.
So, on that hot and stinky summer day, I had to somehow save myself and my sugar craving brain from going insane.
I knew I had some frozen berries in my fridge and I knew I had a pantry full of nuts.
And then there were peanuts.
I like your style, Sugar Craving Brain.
Since last year, I know I love the combination of berries and nut butters.
But, from all nuts, I especially love PEANUTS with berries.
Now, someone will come and tell me peanuts are not nuts, but legumes.
Just like some people let me know avocado and tomato are actually fruits.
With all my heart: I couldn’t care less.
The only thing that matters is that these foods are delicious and healthy.
Now, what does this strawberry smoothie bowl with no banana taste like?
Well, this has the nutty-ness of peanuts with the freshness of strawberries. It’s like a peanut soft serve ice cream. With strawberries.
Once you top the whole thing with those coconut shavings (Seriously, who shaves coconuts, is that really a job?), you’ll get everything you ever wanted in life.
Okay, I have no idea what you want in life, but I hope it’s to be happy.
And in this case, this peanut and strawberry smoothie bowl will not disappoint you like the frozen-banana-thing disappointed me.
And made me ugly-cry.
Health and beauty benefits
Well, well, well…look who’s healthier than most desserts.
It’s this one.
- Strawberries have lots and lots of vitamin C and many other anti-aging antioxidants
- Peanuts are great to suppress appetite, control blood sugar levels and their consumption is inversely related to diabetes 2
- Coconut shavings? Well since those are basically coconut’s hairs, I’d assume they’ve got lots of protein as well. Because hair’s made out of keratin. Okay, I know they’re not hair. Coconut shavings are good for you in very little amounts because they have a very high-fat content. Other than that they will provide some minerals and taste good.
Alright, now let’s get to this super easy recipe.
You’ll need a hand-blender or a really good normal blender for this one.
Strawberry Smoothie Bowl, No Banana
Healthy, sugar-free, no banana, strawberry smoothie bowl that tastes like soft serve ice cream!
- Handful of peanuts, roasted (about 1/5-1/4 cup)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1-2 tbsp nut milk or water
- some coconut shavings and peanuts to top
- Blend peanuts and berries in your handblender “bucket” with the milk and water until creamy. You might wanna leave some peanut chunks for some nice crunch (I LOVE it!).
- Serve in a bowl and top with coconut shavings and some peanuts!
And that’s it, easier than getting ice cream. I hope you enjoy this recipe, let me know how it goes 🙂
Can we replace the peanuts with peanutbutter? (or sun-nutbutter)
It could work, just make sure to use frozen strawberries 🙂