Last updated on January 15th, 2020 at 08:51 am
Start your day right with some warm, super easy and healthy banana oatmeal! Learn how to make oatmeal on the stove with this quick and easy oatmeal recipe. Keeping the toppings simple, I added some almond butter and chopped almonds to mine and I highly recommend this combination! This healthy breakfast is satisfying, filling and vegan.
I’m not gonna lie. I’m easily the last person on Earth to have made or eaten oatmeal. Probably because I always thought of it as something old people with almost no teeth eat.
All that fiber and mushiness.
So yeah, again – prove me wrong, life. Slap me across my face and shove some oatmeal into it.
Last year was the first year of my life to eat oatmeal. Today, it’s one of my go-to breakfasts. Oatmeal even helps me want to drink less coffee – which to me, is something that doesn’t happen often. Okay, it never happens.
Now I make many different oatmeal recipes, including one with just butter and honey (which might not be the healthiest, but I LOVE with all my heart), one with dark chocolate and nuts (coming up) and this one with bananas and almond butter.
This oatmeal recipe is warming & super satisfying. It’s a perfect combination between soft, crunchy, sweet and rich. And it is, super healthy.
Health and Beauty Benefits
You don’t need to be a genius to realize this is a super healthy recipe. It’s:
- rich in iron, magnesium and potassium
- great breakfast option to stay fit
Now let’s finally take a look at the recipe.
Super Easy and Healthy Banana Oatmeal
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 4 almonds
- In a small cooking pot add oats, 1/2 banana and some water to cover the oats. Start stirring at medium heat. While stirring mash the banana. If needed, add some more water to make the oatmeal the consistency you want. In the end I added about a cup water to achieve the consistency I wanted.
- Turn off heat, transfer into a breakfast bowl and top with the almond butter, the rest of the banana and some chopped almonds. Voila - you're ready and you just read a French word.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 305Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 7gSugar: 15gProtein: 8g
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you do, subscribe below for more healthy recipes and share this with your friends (they probably like food too)!
You might also enjoy:
- 5 healthy breakfasts to keep you full
- Healthy vegan overnight oats for great skin
- Super delicious prebiotic oatmeal smoothie
- 7 morning yoga routines to help you get out of bed
- 5 easy morning habits to help you lose weight
what kind of oats are recommended for the banana oatmeal? 😁
regular or fine oats