Last updated on September 29th, 2018 at 12:00 pm
Is this a green smoothie that tastes good? Get out of here.
Yes, last week I made a healthy green smoothie that doesn’t make me question whether eating healthy is really worth it.
It’s hydrating, it’s nutty, it’s sweet and it looked like poop the first time I made it. Because cinnamon.
But as we all know – real beauty is on the inside. (Well, at least that’s what they tell you when you don’t wear make up)
Seriously, you’ll be missing out if you don’t add cinnamon. Lately I’m adding this healthy spice to EVERYTHING. I use it in yogurt, oatmeal, smoothies – can’t get enough.
Well, not like my brother in law who makes zucchini with cinnamon and pretends this is a delicacy. That’s just sad.
Going off track & New Sugar Addiction
As I told you, since November I’ve gone off track and I’ve been eating like a trash can. How does a trash can eat?
Well it eats everything you throw in it.
So I ate a lot of sweets and now, I can’t help but crave sugar. Before that I did’t have a huge sweet tooth, but that thing is really dangerous I’m telling you.
Like I know it’s as addictive as cocaine.
But to me it seems to be worse than that. I mean, I don’t crave cocaine. Like at all.
And no New Years resolutions, no nothing works with me. In fact January is the slowest month for me. Like, I need some time to realize it’s a new year and a new me. It’s a new me, but nobody told my taste buds and my belly fat yet.
Belly fat – time for retirement, man.
However, I’m slowly getting into the groove and starting to eat less sugar and adding more smoothies and salads to my diet.
Okay, this is going waaaay off topic.
Green smoothie. Focus, Stella, focus.
Health and Beauty Benefits Of This Green Smoothie
So this green smoothie has only 6 ingredients, but they’re all AWESOME.
- Spinach – for protein, minerals and provitamin A (Did you know spinach is one of the top 15 high-protein low-carb vegan foods out there, well you didn’t ask, but now you know and you’re welcome.)
- Banana – for potassium, fiber, creaminess and sweetness
- Favorite Nut/Seed butter – for some healthy fats, fiber and vitamin E (use almond butter or like I used some sunflower seed butter), helps absorb provitamin A better
- Ground ginger & cinnamon – for an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory boost
- Parsley – this is optional if you don’t like parsley, but it adds more antioxidants, protein and importantly vitamin C.
And that is it. I really like this smoothie and it’s the only green smoothie I actually can imagine myself drinking daily. I hope you like it too!
Update: Pictures updated 29 September 2018