Last updated on February 20th, 2019 at 10:15 am
When I was younger (like a year ago) I hated salads. Especially salads made with lots of vegetables. So bad I couldn’t even handle the thought of eating just salad.
I don’t even know why since I actually love vegetables:
- I can drink a green smoothie without holding my nose so tight that it hurts,
- I can have a salad on the side or in a wrap,
- I can sneak vegetables in an amazing vegetable dip/sauce
- and one time I even sneaked some spinach into a brownie without having to throw it out later
Yes, I count those as some of my biggest achievements.
But eat a salad made almost entirely out of vegetables with no bread or grains?
Then something inside me changed and I was never the same (Can you tell I watched a lot of telenovelas with my grandma when I was a child?).
Maybe because I got used to eating less grains or because with all that vegetable sneaking I actually started wanting more vegetables. I don’t know.
It’s one of the fascinating mysteries of our magical world.
Now, especially during summer, I’m crazy about salads…and I don’t think it’s just the heat that’s drying out every single cell inside my body.
I discovered salads are tasty, quick and make me feel great.
This beautiful salad is made with three of my 8 favorite foods for better skin. Tomatoes, spinach and peppers.
It’s fresh, filling and simply great as a summer lunch. If you make this salad I’m sure you won’t need anything else.
My sister wanted to add some hot peppers to the salad, but you can leave them out if you’re not into spicy foods, it will do no harm taste- or health-wise.
HEALTH AND BEAUTY BENEFITS
This salad is the definition of healthy. And of beauty.
Because it’s full of foods that are beneficial for you: it delivers a great amount of omega-3’s, vitamin E, iron and is loaded with vitamin C, fiber and carotenoids that your body magically turns into vitamin A.
It doesn’t get better than that.
We’re talking an antioxidant bomb that also decreases inflammation, gives you a healthy complexion and keeps you young from the inside out.
Related free resources:
- Anti-Inflammatory Diet: What to eat to reduce inflammation
- Diet for glowing skin: What to eat for better skin
Make this refreshing tomato chickpea salad with spinach for a quick and easy healthy lunch or serve with dinner for your family!
- 2 cups / 400g cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, rinsed
- 5 spring onions, chopped
- 5 tomatoes, medium, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tbps balsamic vinegar
- ½ lemon, juice of
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- optional: ½ hot pepper, thinly sliced
- Clean and chop all vegetables, except baby spinach leaves.
- In a big mixing bowl toss chickpeas, spinach, tomatoes, onions, pepper, parsley. Sprinkle sesame seeds, flax seeds. Add olive oil, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar and mix everything well.
- Add salt to taste (depends on the salt content of chickpeas).
This is a big salad you can share with your family, friends or just keep everything to yourself! More deliciousness and beauty benefits for you!