Last updated on June 19th, 2021 at 08:44 am
You’ll love this super easy vegan oatmeal pancake recipe! If you’re looking for healthy gluten free and dairy free breakfast ideas that are super tasty, then you should try these amazing vegan blueberry banana oatmeal pancakes!
So, I’m definitely not vegan, but I’m eating gluten-free and dairy-free and obviously have to tell the world. Also, to your surprise: egg-free. Turns out, this beautiful face cannot be having eggs (or sugar) either. So, yeah, I sold my dignity and bitcoins to buy a bag of gluten-free oats and just hoped for the best.
And well, hoping worked out, because these are the best healthy oatmeal blueberry pancakes you can make. Really, believe me. No eggs, no gluten, no dairy, no sugar and no avocado in them. Just added that last one, because I cannot have avocado either and that’s okay, I’m not pissed. Not whining either.
Anyway, you’ll love these pancakes! They’re nutritious, they’re filling and I’ve been eating them every day for the last three days, there’s no stopping in sight. Maybe after tomorrow. Top with some almond butter or another topping you like, some more fruit and enjoy!
Vegan Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Pancakes Ingredients
That’s a lot of words and you already know 3 of the ingredients. Here’s all that you need to make these vegan pancakes:
- gluten free oats (if you’re not sensitive to gluten, then just save your money and buy the regular ones).
- banana and blueberries (or other add-ins)
- almond butter and flax meal
- baking powder and vanilla
- and the magical glue: water
- coconut oil for the frying
Also, I again wanted to add some crunch, so I chopped roughly some pecans. You can also use slivered almonds or whatever you like.
How To Make Vegan Banana Blueberry Pancakes
- Mash the banana really good. Do your best and mash like there’s no tomorrow. No chunks left, that’s the motto.
- Add in the almond butter, vanilla and water. Then add the oats, flax meal and baking powder.
- Let the mixture sit for 2 minutes and blend. Add in the blueberries.
- Add coconut oil to a heated pan and make your pancakes. Optionally add some chopped pecans or slivered almonds to the top before flipping – it will make the pancakes extra delicious. Make sure to make smaller pancakes, so that they’re easy to flip.
- Once the edges look done, do a good flip like a gymnast and cook until golden brown (for about a minute).
- Serve immediately with some almond butter, nuts, maple syrup (if desired) and fresh fruit!
If you don’t have bluberries or don’t like them because they’re round and tiny, you can use something else. Chocolate chips, nuts, other fruit, whatever you want!
I hope you enjoy these oatmeal pancakes, let me know if you have any questions!
- ½ banana
- ¼ cup and 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp flax meal
- ½ cup oats
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup Blueberries (a handful)
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp chopped pecans or slivered almonds
- Mash banana, add almond butter, vanilla, baking powder and water. Mix together.
- Add the oats and flax meal and let sit for about 2 minutes.
- Blend and stir in the blueberries.
- Heat a pan at low-medium, cover with coconut oil and make smaller pancakes.
- Top the uncooked side with chopped pecans or slivered almonds, if desired. Once edges look done flip carefully, but quickly.
- Serve immediately with almond butter, more fresh blueberries and whatever you desire!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 425Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 250mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 10gSugar: 14gProtein: 11g