Last updated on June 29th, 2022 at 03:33 pm
I loooooove wraps, I have so many wrap recipes, I’m almost like a serial Beauty Gangsta Wrapper. Every day of the week – wrap day!
There’s just something about wraps. I think it’s the way that all the flavors combine and you get to taste all the good stuff with every single bite you take. Or maybe it’s the miracle, that you could take them everywhere with you – to the mountain, to work, to the window (I said it like a true wrapper)…
Or maybe it’s the fact, that no matter how well you thought you’ve wrapped it, there will always be chunks of food falling out of the wrap or sauce running down your mouth, your hand, your hair, your clothes…Wrap eating is just a big beautiful magical mess. Whatever it is –wraps are awesome and I looove them from the bottom of my heart.
Almost as much as I love lentils. They’re these tiny little round things known as the chicken among the legumes. Okay maybe only I call them that. Starting now.But combine wraps and lentils together (along with only like 7-8 more ingredients) and you get the most satisfying lunch or dinner in the history of eating – a lentil wrap.
These lentil wraps are made in no time, vegan, nutrient-rich, incredibly flavorful and if you master the challenge of eating only one at a meal – they’re perfect for losing weight.
If you’re trying to cut on carbs you can also just abandon the poor tortillas and have the lentils with a salad on the side. Or on top of the lentils. Or whichever way you like – I’m not the boss of you. I’m not even the boss of myself when it comes to these lentils – I have no control over myself. Make them and you’ll get it.
Vegan Lentil Wraps
These delicious vegan lentil wraps are great for dinner and for meal prep for the week!
- 2 cups of lentils – soak over night (I used brown lentils, they don’t get mushy like the red small ones)
- 2 onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- Olive oil (1/4 cup)
- 2 tbsp dried hot paprika
- handful basil leaves
- handful of cilantro (or other herbs)
- sesame seeds
- salt to taste
For the wraps add:
- broccoli roasted for 1 minute
- roasted peppers
- avocado dill dip
- Rinse soaked lentils and cook in a large deep non-stick pan at medium high heat with some water (lentils should just be covered). Make sure you stir from time to time and after about 10 minutes the lentils should be cooked. Remove water, if there is still water in the pan.
- While the lentils are cooking do some preparations – chop onions, garlic, basil and cilantro. If you have some more time chop some vegetables for a salad – a cucumber, cabbage, spinach. You name it. You can - also prepare the avocado dill dip during that time.
- After the lentils are tender and you’ve removed the water from the pan, add the olive oil, a pinch or two of salt, hot paprika, onions and garlic, stir in well and cook for 2-3 minutes. Turn off heat, add the rest of the ingredients – sesame seeds, cilantro, basil. Stir in everything well. Taste and add salt if you need to.
- And now let’s get to wrapping.
- Take a big tortilla and fill it generously with the lentil filling.
- Put some fresh and roasted vegetables on top of the lentil filling, some garlic sauce, for example my avocado dip or this spicy vegan cream cheese – wrap it and eat, even if you make a mess all over your plate and your clothing (you can also just use this bib while eating and be on the safe site).
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 386Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 253mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 16gSugar: 6gProtein: 15g
HEALTH AND BEAUTY BENEFITS
Who would imagine that healthy can taste so amazing. I would. These tacos are high in:
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin C
all important for skin elasticity.
Also you get all the skin and health benefits from my avocado dill dip.
PS: Don’t forget to try these awesome recipes as well:
Simple lentil and tomato bowl
This one will melt your heart. It’s delicious and if you’re into wrapping, cook it a little longer and put it in a wrap. Recipe here.
Avocado Dill Dip
Delicious and full of garlic, this dip is perfect in any kind of wrap or on the side with ANYTHING. Recipe here.
Spicy turmeric lentils
Vegan, gluten-free, anti-inflammatory and super tasty – these lentils are perfect for wraps, salads or with rice and some avocado sauce. Recipe here.
SPICY VEGAN CREAM CHEESE
Spicy and perfect for any wrap – this vegan cream cheese is addictive. Recipe here.
Bruschetta with mashed chickpeas
If you’re looking for something quick and very satisfying these are made in 5 min and are super yummy. Recipe here.
Leave a Reply