Last updated on February 6th, 2019 at 07:51 am
These lentil wraps are a quick and easy lentil recipe you can make for dinner in around 30 minutes! They’re vegan, delicious and there will be leftovers for next day!
So one of my most pinned recipes are these evolved lentil wraps. And why wouldn’t they be, they’re pretty amazing. But they’re actually the evolved, better looking version of these (both versions are really good!).
Who would’ve thought there were any more lentil wraps to make? I didn’t. I had no intention or a plan to make these and bore you with that whole bragg-y introduction.
Mmmm look at me I can cook lentils. What’s your superpower?
So these, they’re also really good, but different than the ones before. Because here we cook the lentils with some spicy tomato sauce. Then we wrap the whole thing in a tortilla with a fresh salad and a sauce of your choice (see options below).
Seriously, really good. You can of course use hummus, the avocado dill dip that I recommend every time (which makes me sound like a broken record, but a good one) or the spicy vegan cream cheese. Whatever you decide, I hope you enjoy these!
These healthy lentil wraps are a quick and easy vegan dinner recipe that you can make in 30 minutes!
- 2 cups lentils, soaked
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tomato
- 1 cup arugula
- bunch parsley
- 1 scallion
- fresh mint leaves, handful
- olive oil
- avocado dill sauce
- spicy vegan cream cheese
- yogurt garlic sauce (not vegan)
- Pita, tortilla or lettuce leafs
- Cook lentils in a large pan at medium-high temperature, with water and a few pinches of salt, covered with a lid. The lentils should just be covered with water, around 1:2 ratio, make sure to add water if needed while cooking or to drain the lentils if there’s too much excess water, once your lentils are cooked.
- While the lentils are cooking chop the vegetables for the salad and put them in a bowl with salt and olive oil, add lemon juice or vinegar if you want and mix together.
- Then make the sauce you chose, or maybe 2 sauces.
- Once lentils are done add olive oil, turmeric, coriander, cumin, red pepper flakes, then stir together.
- Add the tomato paste and 1-2 tbsp water if needed, stir in. Here it’s important to really make sure that the lentils are cooked before adding the tomato paste, because I’ve noticed lentils don’t cook as quickly when I add tomato, maybe I’m wrong, but FIY.
- Then turn the heat off and stir in the minced garlic.
- Assemble the lentil wrap: In a tortilla add 1-2 Tbsp of the lentil filling, some salad and 1 tbsp sauce. You can also use a lettuce leaf instead of a tortilla to make this vegan dish lower-carb.
- Wrap and enjoy immediately!
Use your favorite type of lentils here, I used brown lentils and they cooked pretty quickly.
You Might Also Like: