Last updated on November 16th, 2020 at 03:35 pm
Here’s a refreshing and easy summer drink recipe with watermelon: A watermelon smoothie with strawberries, it’s healthy and super simple.
Okay, so I’m officially melting and it’s not pretty.
It’s summer and watermelon is seducing me everywhere.
Isn’t it the most delicious thing you can eat, ever?
Like, it’s the perfect food.
- It’s big
- It has a lot of water in it
- Smells and tastes super super fresh
Usually, I don’t mess with watermelon. It’s probably the only thing in the world that’s perfect just the way it is. Well, except for cats.
You know Bruno Mars was actually talking to a watermelon in that song, right?
I know there are tons of salads and recipes with watermelon out there, but it just doesn’t get any better than the fruit itself.
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
If you have a watermelon, don’t make a salad with it.
Or watermelon pizza – they’re everywhere and I just saw a watermelon pizza with bananas the other day.
And now’s the time I tell you I made a few recipes with watermelon already.
….aaaand so I’m a hypocrite. Or a hypochondriac?
Or was it Hippocrates?
The guy who said something about food and thy and medicine. I’m that guy. Well girl.
Definitely not the one who complains about people doing weird stuff and then does the same thing.
Okay. So I made a smoothie with watermelon and strawberries.
It’s super super fresh and those are two of my FAVORITE fruits ever.
It’s sweet and one of the easiest, best things you can make to cool off this summer.
And here’s how to make it.
- 2 cups chopped watermelon, seeds removed
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup water
- Blend all ingredients until smooth and serve immediately! Enjoy 🙂
- Add ice cubes if you aren't using frozen strawberries
- Add water/ fluid of your choice to adjust consistency
- For more slushy-like texture, freeze watermelon before blending
More tasty summer recipes:
- Vegan Strawberry Smoothie Bowl Recipe (tastes like cheesecake, no banana)
- Green Smoothie Bowl Recipe (to get your greens – fresh and delicious!)
- Easy Detox Water Recipe (super easy detox water recipe for flat belly)
- Tomatoes, chickpea and basil salad (best summer salad ever.)
I hope you enjoy this healthy summer smoothie recipe, please let me know how it goes and if you have any questions!
If you do enjoy the recipe, make sure to share it with a friend and subscribe below for more healthy recipes + some health and fitness tips!